Attention X2 users, having any Network issues?

Bop

2[H]4U
Since I upgraded to a dual core system I noticed that games like BF2 and WoW were giving me strange connection issues, most noticably random disconnecting. After trying 3 different networking cards(onboard and PCI) and disabling all firewalls I tried something different.

After the game starting I went to task manager and then affinity for the game I was running and unchecked CPU1. After doing this my games no longer have connection issues.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I was having some problems with my NVLan until I uninstalled the NV Network Manager. Applications and games are running fantastic except for World of Warcraft. My X2 is loading the game 10-15 seconds slower than my older P4, I thought it had something to do with the network manager as well but nope, still haven't figured out what's wrong yet.

I was getting corruppted downloads and I assumed it was C n' Q's fault for undervolting the chip too much. Then I was playing around on DFI street, and found that it's actually the latest version of the LAN drivers and our motherboard (I have the SLI-DR as well.) Go to NVidia and get the 2nd latest driver package, and use their LAN drivers. Or just use the Marvell port.

To fix the corrupted downloads just go to the nVidia Active Armor propeties and set the Offload Default to Not offloadable.

That is not an X2/DFI specific issue.

Hmmm how the hell does a friggin processor cause the built in network adapter to go to crap.....grrrrrrrrrr

Well, it is problem with racing condition. Once that happens try to ping somewhere for 1000 times...
ping www.yahoo.com -n 1000
now go to process tab on task manager and set processor affinity. You will see it will do fine on one core while the other core might read something like -12 ms.
I fixed this issue by installing AMD driver for X2 CPU (the .exe file one) from AMD webpage. It doesn't mention racing condition but no more of that wierd issues... :p

I installed the AMD X2 driver earlier today and that seemed to fix my connection problem in BF2. I didn't know what it fixed but it worked, thanks for pinpointing the issue though jinu.

System now runs smooth as buttah 100% stable :)

Back