Code's Clean-Up

Codegen

Gawd
Here's my little attempt at cable management.

Before

While I was at it:

I was originally going to take the heatsink off but after having a few close calls with screwdriver+moobo, I decided to stop. I got it off twice before :(

After:

For the hell of it:

I really suck at this lol.

Anyways, I'm gonna be cleaning out some other crap in this thing. Any tips?

The modems are going soon. Just as soon as the weather is decent to hop onthe bike.

Elmntskater1588 said:
Humpty Dumpty once said a great thing, but then again he was an egg. Love the dust, very chic.

Yeah, I might make use of the air compressor at the place where my dad works.

Codegen said:
Yeah, I might make use of the air compressor at the place where my dad works.

NO!

Do NOT use an air compressor. Over the months air compressors have moisture gather at the bottom of the tank. Unless anual maintenance is done(most people don't). That air compressor will have a lot of water in the bottom of the tank. You are blowing on your computer with highly water saturated air.

Sorry, my dad designs air compressors for a living, he gave me the same talk a few years back when i did the same thing.

Dew said:
NO!

Do NOT use an air compressor. Over the months air compressors have moisture gather at the bottom of the tank. Unless anual maintenance is done(most people don't). That air compressor will have a lot of water in the bottom of the tank. You are blowing on your computer with highly water saturated air.

Sorry, my dad designs air compressors for a living, he gave me the same talk a few years back when i did the same thing.

Oh yeah, I remember us taking a break and coming back to the engraving tables flooded.

Gas masks everyone!

Okay, so not as bad as suggested. But the fan defiantly needs improvement.

Again, could use clean-up

Better:

Being smart this time, I decided to do IDE cables first:

I'm gonna vaccum out the rest of hte dust when I get in the mood for stripping her apart.

Consider folding and routing the IDE cables. Also, there is no problem with running cables behind the motherboard. I do it in all my systems.

If you have no intention of using those secondary IDE connectors, take them off the cable, makes folding a hell of a lot easier.

Dew said:
If you have no intention of using those secondary IDE connectors, take them off the cable, makes folding a hell of a lot easier.

I am using both.

I'd take the floppy out, but my case has the slot, so I can just see friends coming over and sticking their floppies in.

I'll just say "Well, you'll have to wiat until the next clean up.: :D

edit: Oh, I see what you're saying.

Back