Nice bf2 error - shaders/staticMesh.fx?

rgratto2

2[H]4U
Well, here she is:

Shaders/StaticMesh.fx not found!!! _DO_ check your working directory, _AND_ sync your shaders folder before calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!)

Anyone else seen that? google search doesnt result in anything useful.
Blarg.

Try changing your video settings so the next time you join a server it optimizes your shaders again.

I got that after installing patch 1.02 and couldn't find a solution so I can't play anymore. It's awesome.

i will save you and email to ea and tell you what they will tell you "a simple reinstalation will fix most simple problems such as this"

My friend was saying something about deleting a cache that bf2 makes in the my documents folder. I guess if you delete the cache then it will have to make it again when i runs or something. I havent tried this yet...but it seems that 50 % or so of the times it will still load up. Very odd.

rgratto2 said:
My friend was saying something about deleting a cache that bf2 makes in the my documents folder. I guess if you delete the cache then it will have to make it again when i runs or something. I havent tried this yet...but it seems that 50 % or so of the times it will still load up. Very odd.

1. Shut down BF2 & everything else.

2. Delete everything in "My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache"

3. Completely defrag your hard drive (using a good tool like O&O Defrag or something)

4. Crank up BF2 again and go into a single-player game. It'll reoptimize your shaders, which will take a few minutes.

5. Shut down BF2 and restart it.

This should give you great BF2 benefits. This worked wonders for me even before I upgraded from 1gb to 1.5gb; I'd say the stuttering was cut by 75%. Now I get veeeerrrrry minor jerkiness for like 2 seconds in a new map. Once I get it up to 2gb, I expect that'll be gone as well.

BTW, for best results, repeat this after you change video settings in BF2.

Back