• Poll closed .

zoobaby

Supreme [H]ardness
I have narrowed down to a few monitors:

Viewsonic VP191B for $430 at the egg.

or

Hyundai L90D+ for $345 at the egg.

Other?

Which and why, not too concerned over the money, but these seem pretty damn close.

EDIT: Primary use for gaming, fps mainly.

The only reason to get the L90D+ was because of the great response time and DVI. It's drawbacks include the horrid view angles, which can be noticed around the edges facing straight at it and 256k colors dithered up to 16.2 million. The V191B has 16.7 million colors, far better view angles and still retains the 8ms response time. I don't see why ppl are comparing these two monitors, especially after owning the L90D+ myself and seeing how bad it is in other things, the V191B should keep up in gaming and also be much better in everything else (web browsing, photowork, movies, etc....)

That one is just a bit out of my price range. Looked hard at it. I basically need a monitor that excells at gaming and is suitable for movies.

zoobaby said:
That one is just a bit out of my price range. Looked hard at it. I basically need a monitor that excells at gaming and is suitable for movies.

I'd sell you my Hyundai L90D+ cause im getting a Dell 2405FPW but it was sold within 10 minutes
:D

IceWind said:
I'd sell you my Hyundai L90D+ cause im getting a Dell 2405FPW but it was sold within 10 minutes
:D

Bastard, you could of saved me some $$$ and helped another [H]'er. ;)

I just ordered the Viewsonic. After more research, I found that the Hyundai had a few more negative reviews online than the Viewsonic. I will post back and let people know what I think.

zoobaby said:
Bastard, you could of saved me some $$$ and helped another [H]'er. ;)

I just ordered the Viewsonic. After more research, I found that the Hyundai had a few more negative reviews online than the Viewsonic. I will post back and let people know what I think.

I loved my Hyundai, I didn't really have a bitch about it other then the narrow viewing angle but the 2405 is pretty much like having sex

IceWind said:
I loved my Hyundai, I didn't really have a bitch about it other then the narrow viewing angle but the 2405 is pretty much like having sex
lmao....

i saw one at PDXLan 5 and I'll have to agree.

If you are a gamer, I suggest the new Viewsonic VX924 4ms model (or is it 3ms? -news at behardware.fr) or wait. Personally I won't buy LCD again until after calibration contrast ratio is >1500:1, black level <0.2 cd/m2, vivid colors, good color temperature, response time <1ms at all transitions, refresh rate >85Hz and better scaling to 1024x768. I can get all this with my 5 years old Samsung 957p CRT monitor, but with my Samsung 710T no chance (especially my favorite game Morrowind is blurring horribly and look and colors look washed out). Hope this helps,

jarva

I just picked up a 193p+ today and man o man this is a sweet ass lcd. Havent found one single problem yet and i am as picky as they come. Ive played bf2, cs, and WoW so far and no ghosting or blurring at all. I havent seen the vp191b so i cant comment on that but i cant see how it can be any better than 193p+. I highly recommend it.

Jason

Back