Fear my E6 Sempron64 :cool:

robberbaron

Supreme [H]ardness
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=33060

It takes a crazy amount of voltage to do 2.7, but it can do 2.43ghz on stock 1.4v no sweat.

I would aquamark and all that, but the best video card I have for AGP is a GeForce3 ti200, haha.

I like these new Semprons a lot.

Oh and the cooling is via this:
http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/rackmount/a1827.htm

Over the next week I'll remove the heatspreader to see exactly what gains we can find.

I love how it runs at 2.7ghz, 1.72v, and loads at 49C on that dinky cooler.

Heres my suicide:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=33061

single core E6's are toledos with the extra core and cache disabled, right?

id guess thats why its running so dang cool... its got that huge core and less than half of it is working

lithium726 said:
single core E6's are toledos with the extra core and cache disabled, right?

id guess thats why its running so dang cool... its got that huge core and less than half of it is working

They are similar to Toledo's but have a higher stock vcore. When I remove the heatspreader I'll know for sure if it has a monster sized die.

robberbaron said:
They are similar to Toledo's but have a higher stock vcore. When I remove the heatspreader I'll know for sure if it has a monster sized die.
well i was just talking about the die size :p its got much more surface area to use to dissapate heat than its E3/rev D counterparts (supposedily, tahts my hunch... 48c at 1.72v rocks)

lithium726 said:
well i was just talking about the die size :p its got much more surface area to use to dissapate heat than its E3/rev D counterparts (supposedily, tahts my hunch... 48c at 1.72v rocks)

For sure. It steps down to 1.66v from 1.72v loading and idles at 33c. My old clawhammer was so hot at this voltage/freq, despite the XP90c on it.

yeah, my X2 runs hotter than that at 1.55v and a zalman cnps7000cu... youve got .2 more volts, a dinkier cooler, and 200 mhz on me... rather impressive

these things would be awesome for an SFF or a silent HTPC type rig

lithium726 said:
yeah, my X2 runs hotter than that at 1.55v and a zalman cnps7000cu... youve got .2 more volts, a dinkier cooler, and 200 mhz on me... rather impressive

these things would be awesome for an SFF or a silent HTPC type rig

My X2 is unbearable at 1.55v. The PWM gets super hot, as does the chipset. I run my X2 at stock speed and voltage until I figure something out for it. This CPU has had my attention for the last few days though, heh.

And yeah it would be good for a silent system but the heatsink I have for it is really noisy. I guess it has to be, but, a swiftech MCX6400 would be PERFECT for this.

robberbaron said:
My X2 is unbearable at 1.55v. The PWM gets super hot, as does the chipset. I run my X2 at stock speed and voltage until I figure something out for it. This CPU has had my attention for the last few days though, heh.
my board seems to be letting off a high pitched whine at 1.55v, and its starting to concern me... doesnt do it at 1.5v though. chipset hsf doesnt feel too hot though, thinking about going water w/ a TDX casue 50-51C at full load just doesnt make me feel good, and my 6800GT's OC went down due to heat in teh case:(

i do have the 3800+, id imagine your 4200 gets hotter at 1.55v due to it using the toledo core instead of an actual manchester, but then again, you have more surface area...

robberbaron said:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=33060

It takes a crazy amount of voltage to do 2.7, but it can do 2.43ghz on stock 1.4v no sweat.

I would aquamark and all that, but the best video card I have for AGP is a GeForce3 ti200, haha.

I like these new Semprons a lot.

Oh and the cooling is via this:
http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/rackmount/a1827.htm

Over the next week I'll remove the heatspreader to see exactly what gains we can find.

I love how it runs at 2.7ghz, 1.72v, and loads at 49C on that dinky cooler.

Heres my suicide:
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=33061

very nice!, im having trouble just getting my 3200+ venice to overclock more than 200mhz over stock, i dont think it likes my memory or something

lithium726 said:
my board seems to be letting off a high pitched whine at 1.55v, and its starting to concern me... doesnt do it at 1.5v though. chipset hsf doesnt feel too hot though, thinking about going water w/ a TDX casue 50-51C at full load just doesnt make me feel good, and my 6800GT's OC went down due to heat in teh case:(

i do have the 3800+, id imagine your 4200 gets hotter at 1.55v due to it using the toledo core instead of an actual manchester, but then again, you have more surface area...

Well the 4200+ is Manchester, but I suspect it's just a stubborn OC'er.

qbackin said:
Wow almost 1Ghz OC :eek: How much did you pay for the chip? Steppings?

It was like $90 at Mwave.
SDA3100AIO3BX
LBBWE 0526BPEW

I just built a computer for a friend with a similar E6 3000+ (128kb L2). I think its the same week as yours... really makes me want to overclock it but i don't have the equipment.

It does run very cool though. I can't get it over 40C on stock cooler/pad in an Antec Minuet, and the board is overvolting to 1.47 volts.

Good work on the OC.

0mgz0rs! y0u fuxx0r'd CPU-Z!

excuse me. good clock baron, thats one impressive chip. for 100 bucks, it looks like you got a radical chip.

Wildace said:
very nice!, im having trouble just getting my 3200+ venice to overclock more than 200mhz over stock, i dont think it likes my memory or something

I get 2.4 with my 3000+ and OEM cheapo RAM - you using a divider? It's not that hard.

fx55 will win. the 1mb cache kills the 256k cache and dual channel vs single channel plays a part n the fx55 winning too.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
fx55 will win. the 1mb cache kills the 256k cache and dual channel vs single channel plays a part n the fx55 winning too.

Roger that.

Yeah the sempron is a little slower, clock for clock, than any A64 I've used. The price is the part where it shines though.

The real thing about the Semprons is that you get 90% of the speed while spending 5X less.

I love my Palermo 3100+. 2.4 ghz on stock cooler all day and night, 45C, PR index of 4005+, price in sig.

Cant touch that. :cool:

I've been a big fan of the new semprons when on a budget and have been pushing friends towards them.

I love how your 2.7GHz Sempron nearly keeps up with my gamer rig(see sig) with only a 200MHz difference and a lack of dual channel.

Komataguri said:
Wow, I almost want to dump my P4 rig for a Sempron 64 setup now. :eek:

Yah me too...I cant wait till these get to socket 939! :D

lithium726 said:
(supposedily, tahts my hunch... 48c at 1.72v rocks)

Yah! Even with that cooler he's using! Have you seen it! That thing looks tiney compared to the xp-120!

mickey987 said:
Yah me too...I cant wait till these get to socket 939! :D

Yah! Even with that cooler he's using! Have you seen it! That thing looks tiney compared to the xp-120!

For 939 just get the 3000+ "BW." Same revision and clockspeed, but dual channel and 512kb cache. They're also only like $20 more than the Sempron.

I'm probably going to get the 2800+ next month for a server box. Getting it along with the DFI NF4X Infinity. I saw a review where they maxed out at 395FSB. All I need is 300 and I'm happy.

I'll run some benchmarks once I have it, versus my gamer rig(I'll use the gamer rig's card to make the testing the same, just a matter of single versus dual channel and 256k versus 512k).

lithium726 said:
its got that huge core and less than half of it is working
it may be disabled, but it still gets voltage, thus puts out some heat ;)

nice work baron.. now we just need to get the site up to rework this thread into a review :D

the new 64 is 89.00......and the 939 3000+ is 149.00....more than 20 bucks.

I wouldnt spend the difference. You wont ever see it except in benches.

S754 is a price /performance winna on all counts!

I bought my grandma a new semperon 754 system and it rocks! Good to know that semperons whop celerons lol :)

ive always wanted to see a celeron vs sempron competition. like 2.7ghz of sempron64 power vs 4ghz of celeron d power. see which one comes out on top.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
ive always wanted to see a celeron vs sempron competition. like 2.7ghz of sempron64 power vs 4ghz of celeron d power. see which one comes out on top.

the sempron will rape it. In games at least. a 4GHz cd is like a 3.2p4 in games, if that

id still love to see it. if the sempron pwns it, then the budget market will be owned by AMD, as if it already isnt now.

sempron 64 is a good thing because now the 32bit versions will be reduced in price. because 64bit is pointless at the moment for 99% of people :rolleyes: . when 64bit is actually useful to people no one will have/want a sempron anyway ;)

perplex said:
sempron 64 is a good thing because now the 32bit versions will be reduced in price. because 64bit is pointless at the moment for 99% of people :rolleyes: . when 64bit is actually useful to people no one will have/want a sempron anyway ;)

there is no reason to not get a 64 bit, they are only like $6 more

Back