BF2 Problem...still

Stu55

[H]ard|Gawd
Yeah, I posted this thread awhile ago...when it came out, and still haven't got it to work yet. I tried many different things, I just tried DirectX Happy Uninstall, the program didnt work. Anyone know of any other Direct X uninstallers? Because I have XP w/ SP2 with DX9b, then when i installed BF2's version of DX9c I can't get any DX9c games to work. I have Chronicles of Riddick and I could play that even though everything said I still had 9.0b. So I think if I could uninstall DX9 then reinstall with the version off of Microsoft's website that might work.

Are you sure its a DirectX issue?
refer to this thread for Riddick issues with nVidia's OpenGL 2.0. Did you recently upgrade your video card drivers?

I Should have explained a little more. Riddick worked before I installed BF2 and BF2's version of DX9c. BF2 gets to the Splash screen the goes black, I minimize and it says please install DirectX 9c or something like that.

Yeah, and they wern't any help, all they said was reinstall Direct X 9c...duh

i had a similar problem with WoW, had to reinstall xp :[ something about the directx versions got messed up and depending on the game or diagnostic program i'd run i'd get 9.0b or c.

Back