X800XTPE artifacting in Flatout Only

Shinare

Gawd
Up untill two days ago I had a 9800SE and Flatout had to be run on some pretty basic settings to play smoothly, but it worked. However, once I put in my new X800XTPE I jacked all the settings way up in all my games. When I play flatout now, there is a rather distracting "blurb" of artifacting (mostly it seems like when I point up into the sky or am in the air) that looks like a small group of flashnig/twirling black triangle like flashes, flashing, spinning and changing almost imperceptibly quickly.

Thinking that it was Flatout not able to handle all the high settings, I turned everything down to what I had it before no aa/af everything on low and 10x7. The artifacting is still present and at the same moments (like when I am pointed at the sky or the car is up in the air). So, I imagine this is a problem with the ATi drivers (5.8 cp) I am using but I just wanted to run it by you guys and see.

Its only happening in Flatout, all my other games look beautiful.

this problem is from the driver update to 5.8 and the problem wil be fixed i had the same problem 2

Bump - I have the same issue with my x700 Pro (in every game). Enabling Vsynch helped TONS, but it's still there.

Maybe I'll try the 5.6s...

I still have the x800xtpe and have updated the drivers for it everytime there are new ones. It still does this in Flatout, but not in any other games. I have just learned to live with it as I do not play Flatout other than at LANs. It'd be nice to have a fix for it tho. All my other games look swell. Already thinking about ditching this AGP system and going x1900xtx,

Back