My Custom made Computer studio speaker stands! w/ white LED!

TigzStudio

n00b
Hey there, I just finished my speaker stands, (bondo, and glue still drying)..!

pics:

mainlightson11gx.jpg

click here if image broken

connectorin8zv.jpg

ingrediants:

1x MDF board shelf 5'x.5"x1'(1.99)
1x hammered metal spray paint (rustoleum)
1x gloss white spray paint (krylon)
4x 6" pvc pipe (.69 cents each)
2x white led super bright (1 per stand) ($2.00)
1x custom cut plexi (frosted with sand paper) ($4.00)

total maaterial cost ~ $20.00

tools used:

sodder
sodering iron
circular saw
drill
sand paper (400, 1500, 1800)
super glue
bondo
floor glue

I needed my computer desktop Paradigm Speakers to rise another 6" on my desk, however I didnt want to hunt for stands in store, and have to spend $79.99 for them! so i improvised and created my own.

heh.

the hardest part was the led/switch wiring (basically a hole was drilled into the wood, both top and bottom with the same diameter of the pipe so it could fit perfectly and i could drill a hole through the side of the wood to thread wiring to an led inside the pipe, and the switch as well. Inside that hole i drilled down halfway into the plexi on the very bottom, which when lit up spreads the led light out instead of being such a direct light.

The leds get power from my computer system ( i was thinkin bout using a battery 9v or 2 x AA, but it would only last 1 week, i wanted them to light whe I turn on my audiophile computer system!

Also integrated a switch on each stand incase i want to turn em off.

They get power via mini fan connecter (+5v). I used 5v white led. I used sleeving on the wiring from computer to speaker so it looks like hi-fi speaker cable. In the back of my PC im using a pci backplate / molex array (from svc.com) If you dont want the extra wire on the back of the stand u can just remove the cable and it is flush to the base.

The pics will be coming showing step by step process of build..

let me know what u think!

thanks, :)

my desktop audiophile system stats:

lilcloserstudio4ad.jpg

computer audio
----------------------

Paradigm Atoms (white, Ver. 3)
Cambridge Audio Azur 340a amplifier
Pimeta Home Headphone Amp
AudioTechnica ath-a900 Headphones

AudioQuest Diamondback Interconnect
AudioQuest Type 4 speaker cable

computer:
--------------
sound card: EMU 0404
custom headphile standard series silver EMU cable
Computer Display: Viewsonic vp201s
venice Oc'ed to 2.7 ghz
2 gigs corsair (pc3200)
6800 vid card
DFI nf3 ut 939 mobo

--------

sorry guys links were fixed! now with imageshack.!! ty ....

Geocities = the suk

that is nice. my home center sub woofer has UVs on the bottom but my came stock like that. SWEET.

yahoo said:
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer.

I wanted to see them................. but you need to find a better place to host pictures.

Wow, very creative! Are they sturdy and do they vibrate at certain frequencies? That would be my only main concearn.
Step by step pics and info would be nice, especially for people who don't know much about custom building (like me). ^_^

Anyway, that's a nice little setup you have there.

How's that cambridge audio intergrated amplifier? I love the size of it.

Again, good work!

also inside the pipes themselves i put fine grain sand granuals to add weight and kill vibration

Wow I love the setup and stands and all your stuff!

That Audioquest Type4 speaker cable is great stuff. My dad has the Audioquest CV-4 ($9 a foot) and my uncle has the Audioquest Volcano (something like 400 dollars a foot he said?)!

Great job on the stands, I could never do anything like that (unless I somehow got the tools and the creativity)

oooo nice

wanna make me some stands? jking :p I don't have any use for cool looking stands in my system.

good job

repost:

"How's that cambridge audio intergrated amplifier? I love the size of it."

TigzStudio said:
sorry bout that... Geocities = bad for hosting images....

switched it to image shack!!

Geocities is fine, just rename the image file to .txt, and all will work as planned.

I used to use geoshitties to host signature images for other message boards. And rather popular boards...I guesstimate one sig had at least 1000 hits a week if not far more than that. They never complained either.

the Cambridge 340a is in one word "SWEET".. Ive only tested it on ascends cbm170 speakers and my headphones.... so faar... and i love it. for $249.00 US its a steal.. I got mine at AudioAdvisor.com.

You can have two speaker sets with it ..speaker a, or speaker b, it has a "direct" mode for pure amplification with no effect on the signal. Its got front bass , treble, and balancce controls. Plenty of Inputs. A line out for using with a seperate amplifier (in my case a headphone amp). Its got a headphone jack which comes close to the quality of my Pimeta Home amp!!

As far as sound.. Detailed, with a wiiiiide stage... It really envelopes you. Also sounds very natural while remaining detailed!

highly recommend it

hah.. i was actually going to make it so you could switch between Blue and white... depending on your mood witha 3-pos switch. .. I think i might make another pair of stands! .. heh, i did test a blue led in it while i was building it and it look very sweet. I got these blue leds imported from japan or something... they are like insanely bright. !! =0

Back