Swiftech H20-Apex *GROUP BUY*

alphakry

Limp Gawd
By popular demand, I am organizing a group buy of the H20-Apex kit for anyone out there still debating on what water-cooling kit they should purchase. I can comment first hand, that this kit blows away every single other premade-kit out there and is probably THE best kit money can buy.
And with a group buy in place, you'll be saving enough cash to make it an easy as pie choice.

H20-APEX.gif

Detailed Kit Specs

This thread has plenty of details, pics and opinions on the kit.

This deal has been killed because of certain e-tailers that complained to Swiftech.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------- BUYERS -------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchased
qbackin
revlimit
Dragon99
jhego
blackrose (+ VGA)
Smytier
headala
BioVader
zamt
HybridHB
Russ
Imitation
jagercola
nubbin77
Neptune3000

Next In Line
F4iGuy (awaiting status)
Gun_Strife (+VGA) (coupon sent)
winston856 (coupon sent)
kenpomasta (coupon sent)

bandit390
neuromonic
Budwise
NACZ3
amdmadman
Res_78
FrostyAMD
drizzt81
TheToE!
LOWBOY
xyrax
Erasmus354
arnemetis
novagamer192
maademperor
pOwErEd By NOS

maybe
Bigjohns97 downgraded from IN, by request
kirbyri
Ghent915
scubastevie
megadeth_guy01
daedal
Nek
Dr.Evil
Zefram0911
Viper87227
DanK
enter260
CoW]8(0)
R1ckCa1n
Silent_Assasin
Comedian
$ilvano
PrometheuSBoxeR
DangerIsGo

I might be interested in this deal, depending upon what the price ends up being. Sorry I cant give you a definite yes but money is a bit tight atm.

How will payment/shipping be handled?

Will we pay the retailer directly and have a kit shipped to us? Or will they have to be purchased in bulk and shipped to you to be distributed?

I would be interested in 1 kit if we are able to pay the retailer directly.

Dragon99 said:
How will payment/shipping be handled?

Will we pay the retailer directly and have a kit shipped to us? Or will they have to be purchased in bulk and shipped to you to be distributed?

I would be interested in 1 kit if we are able to pay the retailer directly.

Payment and shipping will be directly through the retailer. I am acting only to organize a group deal for [H] members. I will confirm this detail with the retailer, but can almost guarantee this fact.

i think a great extra would be some additional tubing. ive been concerned about those who have the kit saying they are left with only inches to spare, and id be interested in adding a gpu cooler to this setup myself, thus increasing needed tubing. put me under maybe, comes down to *when* this will be done, school is back in session and my financial status is a bit in the air atm.

Its looking like most people here aren't ready to commit to this, perhaps you should see what type of a discount they can give if say 10 people buy, and then if 15, 20, etc... so you can let us know about how much it will be. Then people can make their final decisions.

I'm interested in it. One question though, is the 3/8" NPT same as a 1/2" ID tube or does it use a 1/2" ID tube?

I may be interested as well depending on the price. Even an estimated price would help me decide for sure.

Erasmus354 said:
I might be interested in this deal, depending upon what the price ends up being. Sorry I cant give you a definite yes but money is a bit tight atm.
In the same situation and in Canada so shipping could be an issue for me but put my in the "Maybe" pile. ;)

So how long it is going to take to put this group buy together? How many people are you shooting for? I would like to have this kit with in a month if possible. Thanks for putting this Group Buy together BTW.

Erasmus354 said:
Its looking like most people here aren't ready to commit to this, perhaps you should see what type of a discount they can give if say 10 people buy, and then if 15, 20, etc... so you can let us know about how much it will be. Then people can make their final decisions.

no one is ever ready to commit till they know the final price and details... and i'm sorry to say i just can't give them at this point. but the people responding to this thread with maybes and in's are helping make it more possible for me to give you the final details. all i can say is that it'll be much cheaper then any other place you can find the kit, and best of all - they will be IN STOCK. Shipping will probably be thrown in as well.

revlimit said:
So how long it is going to take to put this group buy together? How many people are you shooting for? I would like to have this kit with in a month if possible. Thanks for putting this Group Buy together BTW.

They are expected to be in stock by the end of this month(2-3weeks). If we put together enough of an order by then, we'll probably get priority to that shipment and have them shipping the same day as arrival!

Also, for those looking to get a VGA cooler also - their new block will be available from this retailer also - so as a package deal, you may get a nice price on everything.

I'm interested but I want the VGA block too. Any idea though who does have these in stock?

Come on guys. This kit is definately worth $249, and even if it's only $10 off and free shipping, thats still a helluva deal. :D

O-P-M said:
I want in but I want it now.

Heh, I've had mine for a month and still not installed :mad: Waiting on my dfi sli-dr and new psu, they shipped Thursday and should be here next week......then the water-cooled OC loving begins.......should be able to take top spot in 3000+ venice oc....possibly 2.9ghz (fingers crossed) :cool:

Whos suppose to be getting them? I've looked everywhere and I can't find them. Think i'm gonna order from Frozen cpu and get a swifttech VGA block, or is there one you like?

Also, I noticed that kit uses 5/8, is that a weird size cause frozen cpu doesnt have any blocks that are 5/8 or am I missing something. Remember I am a WC'ing noob.

O-P-M said:
Whos suppose to be getting them? I've looked everywhere and I can't find them. Think i'm gonna order from Frozen cpu and get a swifttech VGA block, or is there one you like?

Also, I noticed that kit uses 5/8, is that a weird size cause frozen cpu doesnt have any blocks that are 5/8 or am I missing something. Remember I am a WC'ing noob.

OPM - please read the thread links i posted in regards to specific kit questions.
The tubing used in the kit is 7/16"ID - 5/8"OD - 3/32" Wall. It uses 1/2" barbs.

Also, you will be very hard pressed to find this kit in stock anywhere. Swiftech is currently working on more for shipments to their retailers - and this group deal will probably be getting one of the first shipments they put out. I recommend you fight your impatience and wait a few weeks for this kit, because i'm pretty sure no other retailer is getting it any quicker. They also ship VERY fast - so while it may be a few weeks till anyone gets them in stock, you'll get it within days.

I'd like to know the retailer and about how low you can get the prices down to.

Maybe...

I'm in the market for a water cooling system for my X2 3800 so let me know what kind of price we may be looking at and when they will be in stock..

Nek said:
I'd like to know the retailer and about how low you can get the prices down to.

Maybe...

the retailer doesn't matter at this point. it is a reputable retailer and when the time comes to purchase, you'll be happy on who it is. nuf said.

Top Nurse said:
Maybe I should buy like a 100 of them and sell them off at a premium. :D
haha - you mean to take over this group buy? or to buy cheap from it... unfortunately, there will not be enough in stock for you to do that - anywhere - and also, I think I’d be bad ethics to do that!

ill be in depending on price. I was gonna get the D5/TDX combo, a Maze4, and a BIP2 from DD, but this sounds better since I'll be getting the storm.

I think I had it down to about 230 + shipping, so if we are gonna match that or go lower, then I'm DEFINITELY in.

Will this be occuring soon? I was planning on buying watercooling this week.

Russ said:
ill be in depending on price. I was gonna get the D5/TDX combo, a Maze4, and a BIP2 from DD, but this sounds better since I'll be getting the storm.

I think I had it down to about 230 + shipping, so if we are gonna match that or go lower, then I'm DEFINITELY in.

Will this be occuring soon? I was planning on buying watercooling this week.

I believe in a week or two, however if you were planning on getting the Apex kit, it is sold out at almost everywhere.

alphakry said:
haha - you mean to take over this group buy? or to buy cheap from it... unfortunately, there will not be enough in stock for you to do that - anywhere - and also, I think I’d be bad ethics to do that!

No ethics involved at all. Capitalism 101: Buy low and sell high. Cornering the market is a plus. :D

Erasmus354 said:
I believe in a week or two, however if you were planning on getting the Apex kit, it is sold out at almost everywhere.

Nah, as I said it was gonna be a DIY thing. But this deal promises to beat that in price probably, or at least be close. I would like a final price before I make a commitment however. This week or next is fine though.

wow major - sorry to hear that. I didn't realize this wasn’t allowed. may I ask for what reason? It serves the general [H] community. NewEgg coupons are allowed for [H] members - and that is generally what is being established here... as I stated earlier, this really is just the equivalent to getting interested [H] members a good deal on what is one of the best kits out there - and then giving them a coupon code for it. (limited use, non public code)

If you feel this thread is violating rules, then I will continue it via PM. But I must say, being I’m simply a member with no vested-interest whatsoever - and only putting the effort in for the benefit of other members - I must stress that I don't feel this should violate any rule put forth. The way I see it - I see nothing negative from this on the community, its members or this site as a whole.

In fact, this is far less bias then say the newegg situation - because this is not a retailer coming onto the boards with vested interest. But rather, someone who purchased the kit - felt incredibly impressed with the service he received - inquired if they would be willing to cut [H] members a deal if they got together and purchased a bunch of their next shipment and them very kindly agreeing to it. Don’t get me wrong, newegg is my #1 stop when it comes to parts – and their support of the [H] community is incredible. But for the forums to allow not only those posts, but having them STICKYED – seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I do agree however, that this is better suited in the FS forums - with maybe just a link here on the watercooling threads. I am confident that the purpose, intents and result of this thread far exceeds any of the special cases that Kyle would question (as per the FS rules) - so if you’d like - I can email him and ask his opinion.

Back