Unlimited Simulataneous Keypress?

xSnowmaNx

Gawd
Is there such a keybaord that allows for this? Or at the very least, 4 keys of any combination at any location on the keyboard without giving me the beep of death?

I am currently pretty happy with the performance of my keyboard (Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro), but the one thing that really annoys me about my keyboard is how loud it is now with the typing. I want to buy a new keyboard that is similar to the touch of laptop keys but I don't want to lose any of the multiple key press functionality I have with this keyboard (Actually, I DO have a problem with multiple keypresses, but I get around it by moving all my WASD, etc, over to the right one key so it is ESDF instead).

bump, i need an answer to this as well. Just got a new keyboard and can't press more then 2 keys without the BOD (beep of death) :)

Keyboard keys are arranged in areas called matrices. Each keypress transfers a signal to a given wire present in the matrix. It is best when gaming to use all of the keys present in one matrix so that there are no conflicting keypresses which send two different signals down the same wire. Wtf? About 2-4 wires are hooked up to each keyboard matrix. If you press a key which sends a signal down a wire attached to that key in the key matrix, and then press another key in a different key matrix which is attached to that same wire, you're asking that single wire to transfer two signals at exactly the same time. On most keyboards, the damn thing is made to transfer only one signal, albeit very rapidly. When you press multiple keys which end up sending signals down the same wire, the computer or keyboard can't process the second keybress and gives you that oh-so-fucking-annoying BEEP.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=872771

I have already seen that thanks to Google. However it doesn't really help me. Unless the filter keys option actually does something, which I don't think it is on my computer. Could someone clarify what the filterkeys helps with in terms of multiple key presses?

Yeah, I hate that. I drive manual on my driving games, and it's a pain in the ass with my HP keyboard because I can't turn left and upshift at the same time.

Otherwise, I like it :)

Back