FS: Intel SC5300AF2 Server Barebones w/Drives

BigDuallie

Limp Gawd
I have an Intel SC5300AF2 server that I have decided to sell. It is pretty serious overkill for my home network (Heh), and I've decided I can get by with a lot less power.

The server consists of:
  • Intel SE7520AF2 Motherboard
    PCIe, PCI-X (hot-plug), SATA RAID, U320 SCSI, etc, etc. Sweet board!
  • Intel SC5300LX Server Chassis
    What can I say? It's big, has hot-swap, redundant fans and passive (ducted) cooling for a pair of Nocona Xeons.
  • 6 drive hot-swap SCSI bays
  • 4 drive hot-swap SCSI bays (Intel # AXX4SCSIDB)
    It came with the 6 drive cage, I added the 4 drive cage for a total of TEN hot-swap SCSI drives.
  • Redundant (1+1) 730w Power Supplies (Intel # FXX730WPSU)
    It came with a single 730w PSU, I added the second.
  • Intel RAID activation key (Intel # AXXRAKU42E)
    Adds RAID 5, 10 and 50 to the LSI U320 onboard SCSI controller.
  • Intel Portable Cache Module (Intel # AXXRPCM1)
    Adds 128mb of battery backed cache to the aforementioned SCSI RAID.
  • Intel Local Control Panel (Intel # AXXLCPPED)
    Cool little management/monitoring LCD thingy.
  • Intel Management Module - Advanced Edition
    Think "remote management" controller.
  • *TEN* Hitachi Ultrastar 08K0392
    What good are ten hot-swap SCSI bays without ten 80pin, U320, 10,000rpm SCSI drives? All less than 5 months old, all have warranty through 2007.
  • NEC 16x DVD-ROM (Black)
  • NEC Floppy Drive (Black)
I've updated all the firmware for the board, SCSI, management controller, backplanes, etc, etc. Now comes the hard part... The price.

From what I can see, the SC5300AF2 barebones starts around $1600 new. BUT! That only includes a single power supply and none of the other goodies that mine has. So... How much is it worth?

I just went to PCConnection and priced out the components that I have in this machine. This box would retail for just over $3200 USD. So, I will set my asking price at $2500 OBO. I am open to any reasonable offers, partial trade offers, etc. Remember though, this thing weighs 100lbs, so shipping will be expensive (and at buyer's expense).

If someone sweet-talks me enough, I may even be convinced to part with the pair of 3.8ghz Xeons that I have in the box right now. I did type 3.8ghz on purpose. But that would have to be a REALLY nice offer ;)

Email me (hooz @ 2cpu.com) for fastest response or jump in the IRC channel and look for me. Heatware is under 'Hooz'.

Back