Coolermaster ATC S4000 EAT case?

kleox64

[H]ard|Gawd
Just ordered one of these but due to the dated design its gona need alot of work to get it how I want it. Any ideas if it will fit the BIX III rad positioned vertically? also will I need the intake fan to cool the HD's assuming the fans on the rad are pulling air accross them.

I emailed several people on ebay one of he guys was selling his by chance, he got it brand new around 3 months ago.

Here are some of the changes Iam gona make to it:

1) Invert the whole case and reinstall the feet on the other side. COMPLETE
2) Modify the HD cage using rubber grommets to dampen vibrations for the HD's, this is for the whole cage and NOT to individual HD's as I cant find grommets with less than 4mm internal diameter. NEAR COMPLETE
3) Install a second 120mm intake fan to such in air through the middle grill, this will include a filter on that part of the case.NO GO
4) Get rid of all the 80mm fans and install a 120mm exhaust.
5) Allow the installation of another pair of HD's in the middle chamber.
6) Ducting for the PSU to suck in fresh air from the side of the case to maximise cooling performance.
7) Full colour spectrum LED strip lighting.
8) Install a (lian li) blower next to the graphics cards, allthough I may scrap this as its a WC system.

There will be pictures...soon. :)

That's a lot of ideas. I don't think you'll be able to do it. I've owned the 410, which was the ATX version. Wish I had the EATX version you're getting.

However, you won't have room to put in a 120 in the back. Or the 120s in the front where the 80s are. Unless your exhaust fan is going to be out the side...I don't think you'll be able to pull it off.

This is a 4U case, you just don't have that kind of flexibility. But I do envy you for having that case...I miss my 410. And, I do wish you luck, as I'd love to see it.

The 120mm exhaust will go outside the case, theres not way you can install it inside without cutting into the support frames (definetly a no no). As for the other 120mm that will be mounted inside to pull air through the middle grill. Ill be recieving the case during the next few days, untill then nothing is 100% of what will happen. Another idea I have is to mount 2 x HD racks (lian li racks maybe?) one on top of the other further into the case to make proper use of the second 120mm fan.

if you want to use HDD racks.. why don't you buy cheap server ones that can hold 5-6 HDDs in the 3 bays... how many HDDs do you need anyway?

And you won't be able to fit a fan in the middle grill... far to small for anything... although if you are contemplating some neat modding.. you could always put the PSU there..

And make a log... far to few people modding S4000s now-a-days... I can only count 4 projects ever that ahve modded a S4000 with yours being the 4th!

Good luck and keep us informed!

Back