CS:S patch kills CS:S on 50%+ of all systems playing

bmn

n00b
This is an issue with a new update made to the engine as of yesterday. People are reporting blue screens, games crashing before they load, among other things. For those people who dont have an issue, turning on HDR can open up "wallhacks" and the ability to see through crates, doors, etc. Valve servers arent marked as secure, among other things. There is a long thread about it on the steam forums here

Just downloaded the update.. and well.. now i keep shuttering like i have bad ping or something.. this is gay..

how do i fix this?!?

While it works for me, I'm glad I don't bother to play a shit game like CS:S anyways.

I noticed that HL2 took a performance hit with the latest update... my first reaction was that it was because it gave you an HDR option, but that shouldn't make a difference in any of the current levels, should it? Lost Coast is going to be the first chance to see HDR with HL2, right?

Oh well, sounds like they'll roll out another patch Monday.

I'm downloading it right now as it is updating. system is at the bottom of my post.

when i start it and try to find games to play. it comes up with no more then 20 tops! that is it

CyByte said:
when i start it and try to find games to play. it comes up with no more then 20 tops! that is it

Probably because no one can play. Kinda hard to get a game going when it won't run.

To Steam's credit, enough people got the newest patch fast enough that half the internet's complaining about the same problem on the same day.

My Half life 2 stutters like Elmer Fudd after this new update :( On a plus side, my CS source framerate is much higher in heavy firefights now, heh.

I can't play for more than a minute before my wireless connection dies out. (Yes I know wireless and games don't really mix, but I don't play seriously all the time). It resets my intel pro wireless connection after my ping gets progressively higher. Yay for valve and their fixes.

works for me ... but i havent played that much and only offline with bots ...

I don't have anti aliasing anymore, this update is one of the bad ones it seems.

Gary's mod no longer functions either. Well it does with a graphical problem now. It has a diagonal line running acrorss the center of your retical. Still no update or problem fix from valve that I know of.

Back