X800GTO RELEASED, (12pipes, 256bit, 256mb GDDR3, 400mhz/980mhz, VIDEO-IN) = $189 (US)

Saeid

Limp Gawd
Ok its released!!! WITH VIDEO IN for only $189

This will definately ATi into the lead in the mainstream market... even the x800GT beats the 6600GT...

Hell ya... just interested to know how these cards will compare to each other:
x800 Vanilla
x800GTO
x800GT
x1600

14-142-052-01.JPG

P.s. anyone know what temps the GTO hits?
since its using the R530 core... instead of the R520 core (x800 vanilla)

OK, so they win the "budget" gamer award, yippe...of LAST GENERATION!

funny :D

whoami said:
OK, so they win the "budget" gamer award, yippe...of LAST GENERATION!

funny :D
Last i checked Nvidia didnt plan on changing from the 6600GT anytime soon.

Well Intel has the low end.... ATi has the entry level... and the mainstream.... NVidia has the highend... and in my book the high end market isnt that crowded!

Can the extra 4 pixel pipes be unlocked in this card? If so, it would make a very good buy.

techpowerup.com tested a sapphire x800gto which uses the r480 core. they were able to get it fully unlocked to a x850xt and were able to hit x850xt speeds iirc.

Saeid said:
Well Intel has the low end.... ATi has the entry level... and the mainstream.... NVidia has the highend... and in my book the high end market isnt that crowded!

Nor does it make very much money for a company either - midrang / low end is where the money is at not high end.

Saeid said:
Ok its released!!! WITH VIDEO IN for only $189

This will definately ATi into the lead in the mainstream market... even the x800GT beats the 6600GT...

Hell ya... just interested to know how these cards will compare to each other:
x800 Vanilla
x800GTO
x800GT
x1600

Nice card but TBH I think the 6600GT has already become the "standard" for that segment of the market. i.e. even if a better deal comes along the 6600GT is the card most will recommend simply out of familiarity. When ATI's new "X1xx" series come out they will have a better chance to recapture that segment if it is faster than the 7600.

unlockable to a X850XT!!!! are you kidding me, I just got this 6800nu....wow. So your looking at 6800 Ultra speeds there???

Geez ATi is a little late, Nvidia has had enough of reigning supreme in the mid range market, then ATI made GT and plus the 6600GT is last generation card, this card would be good in last generation

pandora's box said:
techpowerup.com tested a sapphire x800gto which uses the r480 core. they were able to get it fully unlocked to a x850xt and were able to hit x850xt speeds iirc.

No, only the gto2 is moddable to the x850xt.

ATI must have had a ton of old cores laying around for all these funky versions to be coming out now on the eve of R5xx shipments. :p

I would have bought the x800 GTO instead of the x800 Pro just for the faster memory. :( Too bad I didn't wait an extra week... monarch has it for $192 shipped and no tax for me vs $182 shipped i bought the x800 Pro VIVO for.

Any good places to get this GTO2? I'm only seeing the regular version in stores and just the connect3d version on newegg.

Nice card. Nice price. Not every1 buys a new card every 6 months. Good for the budget gamer that's for sure.

Chops said:
Any good places to get this GTO2? I'm only seeing the regular version in stores and just the connect3d version on newegg.

check it out here.

"The GTO² is a special product from Sapphire only. Neither the regular GTO, nor the GTO Ultimate use the unlockable chips.."

wow, releasing the x800GT, then releasing the x800GTO, allmost twice as fast for 20 dolars more, way to compete with yourself in the same price market, (i know ones directed at the 6800nu and the other at the 6600gt but still),

i have read that the 7600 "GT" version would be 16 pipes (pls dont quote me on it) so it would be a little harder for the x1600 to compete (basicly the 6600gt and the x700 pro as was the situation a few months ago) but u got to wait and see

I can't find the AGP version of this anywhere....I really want to upgrade my rig without going PCI-E as I have a pretty good OC (specially for a Newcastle)...if anyone can find me an AGP one that can OC to the x850xt speeds I'll rape them..in the good way. ;)

The X800GTO2 is available on Newegg now for 10 buck more, 199. Pretty good price for a supposedly guaranteed x850xt...

ND40oz said:
The X800GTO2 is available on Newegg now for 10 buck more, 199. Pretty good price for a supposedly guaranteed x850xt...
It's more than 'supposedly', apparently.

Sapphire is not posting the GTO2 on their site, no ads, no push into retail markets, etc - just spreading the word on 'enthusiast' sites. The GTO2 is, apparently, intended to be 100% unlockable and overclockable (to build brand loyalty among enthusiasts or something, apparently). No advertising so they don't torque off their retail partners who bought *REAL* X850XTs from them at twice the price.

Why doesnt Sapphire release the GTO2 pre-modded... to save time and effort of consumers to unlock the additional pipes themselves?!?!?!

Any reviews of the GTO and/or the GTO2 (locked & unlocked)???

Saeid said:
Dont forget ATi in the notebook market! :p

'cuz the X850XT PE Mobility actually came out :rolleyes: The geForce GO 7800 GTX wipes the floor with it.

the 7600 is a 16 pipeline version of the 7800gtx it will be around the speed of a x850xt pe. But of course it won't be out till another month or so.

Yea from what I have heard this was a way for ATI to move out some old core iventory. Not a bad card for the price...

Ya but there is no AVIVO or anything like it on NVidia's 7000's

so ATi will not only wipe the floor with the 7000's but it will also wipe ITSELF with it! :p

Back