p180 swiftech apex 4800

sean2sean

n00b
almost done with this project that i started a few weeks ago... hardforms helped a lot with this build. just waiting for a pcp&c power supply, blue coolant, and a evga gtx vid card from tiger direct....

upgrading from a:

Amd Barton 3200 400fsb
Asus a7v deluxe
Corsair TwinX XMS PC-3200 Dual Channel 512meg
Antec 1030B
Enermax Noisetaker 420watt
ATI 850XT PE
WD Raptor 36gig
WD 320gig
WD 160gig x 3 Raid 5

to a:

Amd x2 4800+
Asus A8n-sli Premium
OCZ EL DDR PC-3200 Dual Channel Platinum 2gig
Antec P180
PC Power & Cooling 510 Express/SLI
EVGA 7800 GTX KO ACS^3
Swiftech H20-APEX
WD Raptor 36gig
WD 320gig
WD 160gig x 3 Raid 5

just hope it wont leak... and everything will boot up on the first try!

DSC02764.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

DSC02761.jpg

DSC02760.jpg

DSC02758.jpg

DSC02756.jpg

The pump looks like its in a weird place, is it mounted or is it just hanging there?! I think you should try 2 mount it above the PSU next to the HDD's if theres enough space, other then that nice, parts, nice build, looks good, might want to clean up the wires when you have time, and enjoy your new hardware :]

thanks guys, with this case, its hard to find a good spot for the pump... on the bottom next to the hd, there is not enough room to fit it and have the side to close... yea im still waiting for the power supply and coolant... then ill tidy up the wires...

Please please, pretty please rotate those pictures!!!!

I wanna see this, but I refuse to turn my monitor upside down (85lb 21" Viewsonic) to figure out what you are showing us.

no it isnt... even though the dimentions are larger then my older case.... its pretty cramp inside.

i just got the coolant and power supply.... im gonna hook it up and try to power it up... just missing the video card.... :(

sean2sean said:
no it isnt... even though the dimentions are larger then my older case.... its pretty cramp inside.

i just got the coolant and power supply.... im gonna hook it up and try to power it up... just missing the video card.... :(

Wow that kind of sucks, its a great case though non the less!

How do you like the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum? I need a sound card, and my case has no front audio ports, I saw it at buy.com for like ~$100 after rebates so I'm thinking of buying it...

damn, thats an insane hdd setup for a desktop, wut kind of files do u keep on ur computer?! ._."

other than the hdds and water cooling i almost have the exact same system as u :) the only downside to the case is that the psus a pain in the ass to install unless u pull out that bottom fan, but i doubt ud want to do that with ur harddrives and all :p

i got everything up and running and so far i havent seen any leaks.

i like the zs soundcard... thats only because i cant find the x-fi at my local store and i need one asap. only downside is that 1/8 inch digital out on the back of the card... i cant find the correct cable to make it to a rca connector to connect to my speakers.... 1/8 inch digital out to rca digital input.

i did not have to remove the fan in order to install the ps. but like i said... this case is not very friendly.... doesnt like lots of wires and such.

i run raid 5 for my work files.... had some bad experience in the past...

ill post pics later... i still need to tidy up the cables.

i got it up and running with no leaks for about 2 days now.... i had to remove sata external slot and the creative labs front panel... the case is so cramp that i bearly have any room....

the power supply have too many cables... and pretty much everything will be connected.

im still running on a pci ati rageII video card...

overall, when its about high 80's low 90's... high is 30c. in the mornings... its about 32C.

im assuming that those are the standard water cooled temps.

one plus i like about the case that its quite. except for the two fans in the back for the radiator... and the ps fan... those are the loudest fans in the case.

DSC02767.jpg

DSC02768.jpg

DSC02769.jpg

DSC02770.jpg

DSC02771.jpg

WOW! Your fans are so blocked they're probably next to useless.

Any way you can improve the airflow?

that's actually pretty clean for what he's working with .

that p180 is tight/confined.

the bottom chamber fans are striaght through so no big deal with air flow there

the top fan is blowing right on the drives like it should be

and the chip is watercooled

props to the builder

Why do you need so many fans? Try this, let the PSU cool itself and the bottom HDDs with its own fan. HDDs dont need more than the slightest of breezes to keep cool. Since you can now remove that bottom fan it gives you a lot more breathing room and also makes routing cables much easier in the P180. Also I would remove the rear fan and just stick with the 120mm blowhole on top. You dont need that rear fan its just more noise. If you dont already have one I would put a fan up front to intake air over the top HDDs. If you are worried about keeping the bottom HDDs ice cold consider mounting a slim 120mm fan in the bottom up front as well (there is a thread in case modding with step by step for how to do it).

I think those changes will both greatly improve the wiring and reduce the noise in your system. Great work so far!

hey guys... thanks for the tips and heads up!

im not done with it.... but i am somewhat sick of workin on it for the past month or so... especially waiting for parts... .whenever the evga gtx ko comes in... then i will organize the wire.

but i am thinkin about removing the back fan. im not so sure about the bottom one though, because there wouldnt be enough air flow for the harddrives. on the bottom chamber, theres only one antec fan and one fan in the power supply.

btw, whats a normal/max temp for cpu and mb temp? im just looking for a safe zone. i did a search, but some are 50's to 60's.

malicious said:
maybe the fans are for effect

lol... fans are for effect. im not too worried about noise... this case is pretty quite, at least when compared to my last case... they have three settings... and i have em set on LOW.

Well, the top fan isn't over the drives (at least not from that one pic), it's more over the pump and tubes leading to the CPU waterblock. The pump is over the memory, so there's probably minimal airflow there.

I'd imagine losing the rear fan (since you have two on the radiator already) wouldn't hurt, since you can keep the top as an exhaust.

But I know what you mean about getting tired of working on cleaning up the wiring. I really should redo mine (AGAIN.)

Could anyone have thrown that together and more, I mean really what happened to taking your time and doing it right ;)

so have u got your video card ? hows ur setup looking now ?

I am doing exactly same this weekend !

Back