DVI Cables from Radio Shack $12.49

Comedian

Weaksauce
how can u tell if u have a single or dual link dvi cable?

i have a x850xt pci-e and a dell 2005fpw, im using the cable that came with the monitor

mokkapoop said:
how can u tell if u have a single or dual link dvi cable?

i have a x850xt pci-e and a dell 2005fpw, im using the cable that came with the monitor
This ought to help a little: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/dvi/index.htm

These are actually great prices on 12" dvi cables, and radio shack has been known to re-brand from good cable makers. I studied the pics closely and can tell the dual-link is a thicker guage BUT, certain AVS guru's claim that "sometimes" dual-link can degrade IQ when it's bandwith isn't needed, resulting in a less sharp picture. IQ can also depend on other factors, so the only way to find out is to test it yourself.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: oh yea, saw this on FW.

An audio/video analog to digital signal converter for $3.74 (normally $40)

- converts composite video into S-video
- converts analog audio signals into digital coaxial or optical
- bi-directional, and power adapter not needed for all uses.
- Archived page- Local stock locater
- I wouldn't personally do it, but this looks like an ebay candidate (buy a bunch and sell it for $$??)

radio%20shack.jpg

Will stop in ratshack when i run my errands today, thx for the reminder OP.

The Radio Shack Cables are down from... 109 and 119, which is actually 10, and 20 dollars more than the 2 meter Monster cable. :p

Im trying to think what else got clearenced to a very good price... There is a tool kit for 4.98 i think. Which I cant find a link for...

Its made by kronus, so they give it a lifetime warranty. It has a few nice things in there, and for 5 bucks you cant go wrong.

Yeah that digital converter came down a good price. We sold ours the first day of clearance. :D

Maybe some other stores have some things we dont, but if you go into radio shack, they will be more than glad to show you whats on clearance because the employees get bonuses for selling clearenced things right now!

While you are at Rat-Shack... don't forget to pick up the Accurian HTS 6000 HDTV Tuner for $90. I picked one of these a few weeks ago as an intro to HDTV. I also grabbed the discounted HDMI to DVI converter cable, hooked it up to some rabbit ears, and connected it to my Dell 2005fpw for some really sweet OTA HDTV! Yea, I'm sure you can get quicker responding units, but for those who don't know, you can't touch HDTV for under $200 ... except this great clearance item anyway. I also connected the optical digital cable to my Logitech z5500's for some nice 5.1 surround sound. Be sure to check local availability by punching in your zip code before you waste a trip. I got the last in my area by 46 miles.

This deal came out a while ago. I found it over at avsforums.com but I never made it back over here to post it. Charter Broadband has been a real big PITA around here for the last few weeks.

My work place threw out hundreds of those cables as we were swapping out crts with LCDs....but still used VGA. I had a chance, but didnt want to bother...oh well.

Bugster said:
My work place threw out hundreds of those cables as we were swapping out crts with LCDs....but still used VGA. I had a chance, but didnt want to bother...oh well.
Coulda made a small fortune on ebay @ $5-$10 each + S/H

Though personally i wouldn't have done it, too much aggravation for a dollar here/dollar there.

SJetski71 said:
Coulda made a small fortune on ebay @ $5-$10 each + S/H

Though personally i wouldn't have done it, too much aggravation for a dollar here/dollar there.

Thats exactly why i didnt bother. not worth the money for all the time and effort.

SJetski71 said:
Edit: oh yea, saw this on FW.

An audio/video analog to digital signal converter for $3.74 (normally $40)

- converts composite video into S-video
- converts analog audio signals into digital coaxial or optical
- bi-directional, and power adapter not needed for all uses.
- Archived page- Local stock locater
- I wouldn't personally do it, but this looks like an ebay candidate (buy a bunch and sell it for $$??)

radio%20shack.jpg
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up 2 DVI cables and a toolkit.

should I score one of these Analog->Digi converters? I mean really. I can't see myself using one.. but that hasn't stopped me from getting tons of clearence stuff in the past.

like that battery.

fore1337 said:
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up 2 DVI cables and a toolkit.

should I score one of these Analog->Digi converters? I mean really. I can't see myself using one.. but that hasn't stopped me from getting tons of clearence stuff in the past.

like that battery.
I'd say save your money, unless you forsee using it for parts or whatever (like myself)

the lead acid battery can come in handy for that class D amp you mentioned, i'd research further before going the battery route though.

Nice.. I've been using a freebie DVI cable that was left over at work from a dell ultrasharp.

I was wondering though, is there really a difference in quality from the cheapies and the $130 monster cables? Reading customer reviews on various shops hasn't really helped much.. some say their monster cable is the greatest thing ever and some say its pure marketing and that a digital signal is going to either work or not work.

Anyone here have a personal experience to share?

Back