MSI K8N Neo2 agp voltage - chipset stability

I read somewhere that increasing AGP voltage on the MSI K8N Neo2 increases the stability of the northbridge through indirect overvolting. Apparently this is true, since I have upped my agp voltage to 1.65 and I am now able to reach a HTT of 365 or so when running at 6x multi, and a 2:1 cpu to memory ratio.

Now, is 1.65 for the agp bus insafe? I've been overclocking for quite a while, but I've honestly never had to meddle with the agp bus voltage. I just don't want to blow my video card :).

Oh, one more thing...if I can reach ~365 HTT at a 1:2 divider, does that mean that this is the limit of my board, so that I can reach around that same HTT at a different memory divider?

I'm trying to gauge whether or not I want to buy an opteron 144 or 146 based on the limits of my board.

Budwise said:
interesting speculation. I may have to keep that in mind...

Yeah. The thing is, I was able to get up to only 325 HTT or so before I upped the AGP voltage. It seems like I can consistently hit ~360 now, though. I just don't want to fry my video card or really shorten its life :).

Back