[H]ard|DC'er of the Month (Oct. 05)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kvothe

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2006
Welcome to our first [H]ard|DC'er of the month thread.

We'd like for you guys to give us your nomination for who you feel the [H]ardest member of the team has been for this month. Give us a name and a reason be it points, helpfulness, you name it, and in week we'll post a poll so the whole team can vote. We will thin down the list to 5 based on the number of nominations they recieve in this thread.

A couple of things as well, one nomination per person, and self-nominations will not be counted.

Now get those nominations in!

- Thanks p[H] and AtMo

Current Nominee's according to new guidelines of one nomination per person -

unhappy_mage - 3
Rich_Tate - 1
OSUGuy - 1
Viper87227 - 7
AtomicMoose - 1
Marty - 1
FLECOM - 1
King_N - 2
KodiakStar - 1
Dark Ember - 1

1 Nomination for unhappy_mage

For his work creating, updating, and help-desking Fold-Server, his new Foldix, and the remote installer.

I would suggest one thread for the actual winner, and one for nominations/discussion. It would be a shame for the actual awarding of the "Folder of the Month" to get buried on page 5 or something.

I'll second the nomination for u_m, and also submit Rich_Tate and/or Steve for the great promotion on the front page.

Mohonri said:
I would suggest one thread for the actual winner, and one for nominations/discussion. It would be a shame for the actual awarding of the "Folder of the Month" to get buried on page 5 or something.

There are going to be some changes to the stickes, so the DC'er will get their props! ;)

Just keep your eyes open for them, they'll be coming fairly soon!

Also, I'd like to nominate Viper for all the great work he did on the last round of boxen give aways as it brought in a bunch of new faces!

I also vote for viper. (He would get two votes from me if one of those boxen had come my way) ;)

AtomicMoose said:
I second the nod for Viper.

I'll make it a 3rd for Viper...He's the one who actually got me to start reading what was happening here (as well as being one of the winners of the first contest), now that I really think about what I just wrote...That could be both good and bad :D.

Another nomination for Viper and unhappy_mage....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

My vote goes to Moose. He's a great mod, and has to put up with all of us. Nuff said.

Keep in mind guys, this is only for nominations, not votes. The voting will come later as p[H]ant0m mentioned. If you have a different reason, then one already stated, for someone nominated, feel free to post, otherwise just new names! :)

Rich Tate said:
My vote goes to Moose. He's a great mod, and has to put up with all of us. Nuff said.

Gee, thanks Rich.

p[H], how long do you want the nomination thread to stay open?

AtomicMoose said:
p[H], how long do you want the nomination thread to stay open?

We'll give them a week to state their cases, and then we'll make the poll. ;)

I'll nominate Marty, since he has to put up with so much crap for me naming him Mary.

GO MARTY!!!

Oldbenwa

Add Rich Tate to the list. Good pimpage on the weekends have given us more folders.

Eclipse. Answered every one of my questions. His OC manual and memory guide are so good I've asked for his permission to translate. He's helped numerous ppl.

Opti's for everyone!!!

So nominating people twice is useless, right?

Here's what we have so far:
me (unhappy_mage)
Rich_Tate
Steve
Viper
Moose
Mar(t)y

I'd throw my nomination Viper's way but he's already on the list.

To add to thenmix, the unsung heroes...FLECOM for getting back online, Uncut Diamond for pushing his ppd higher, same with Party2go and Marty for proving shitux works.

But given the circumstance...FLECOM.

So we are going to have folder of the month!?

So this means we should have a folder of the year too, right!

King for maken the home we all love

I nominate myself, since I am a n00b and slow folder ;)

wait a sec... that doesn't really sound like good reasons to get nominated, now does it :D

you're folding... that's all the qualification you need!

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Even though this is the second nomination on my part, I'm going to also throw K* on the list.

By the critera we have all listed, each person on the list has done something a bit above and beyond for the forum/cause. K* certainly fits that bill as well.

well if we are going to have a poll we can only have 10 people running :|

Duster said:
well if we are going to have a poll we can only have 10 people running :|

K, how about compromise, we'll tally up the numbers each nominee gets in here, and the top 5 will be setup in a poll.

We can just bring those other posts back and go from there. :D

Yay or Nay?

p[H]ant0m said:
K, how about compromise, we'll tally up the numbers each nominee gets in here, and the top 5 will be setup in a poll.

Yay or Nay?

That doesn't sound bad. We could do two different polls, but then you'd need everyone to promise to only vote for one person.

Also, what do we do in a tie situation? It could happen.

Can't you see who votes in poll's?

I thought you could if that was the case just check to see who voted and if they voted twice botch votes could be DQ'ed

I vote for KodiakStar. Reason: A true and genuine effort to make *less* off topic posts.

Wait, no I vote against him for a true and genuine effort to make *less* off topic posts.

Hey, I've tried too.

Just my opinion
, I think mods/news posters need to be excluded. Nothing against you guys, we all love ya (insert google images for barf picture), but it's just your in a position for which no one of the little guys can touch.

In one post on the front page our pimp gods can attract more power to the cause than a years worth of drunken rambling from Oldbenwa can.

Mods, well it's just your mods. I guess I can't find the words right now, just a opinion. Nothing against the mods, it's just maybe this could be for the little guys? This was not my idea, so a day late and $3.74 short but just an opinion. For me it goes, all of us>mods>front page pimpers>Kyle>Lethal>me again :p

p[H]ant0m said:

Yay or Nay?

Nay in this tread, Yay in a new thread. A new thread you get one post and that's it rules. Ongoing tally in the first post. And Marty has some good issues he brought up, How about we keep this to normal users - no mods and no admins. My 2 cents.

MN Scout said:
Nay in this tread, Yay in a new thread. A new thread you get one post and that's it rules. Ongoing tally in the first post. And Marty has some good issues he brought up, How about we keep this to normal users - no mods and no admins. My 2 cents.

I have to respectfully disagree on this one. A mod is not forced to be one, he or she chooses to do so because they want to do a little something above and beyond for the team. I personally get enough reward from the PM's thank you posts and emails, but once again, no one asks Steve or I to do what we do. We do because we want to help out in any way we can.

In terms of me personally, I appreciate everything you guys do for me, which is a TON, but I still think anyone who goes above and beyond should get a chance to be recognized.

Remember, No one told Moose or Phantom they had to be a mod or else. Nor does anyone tell Steve or I we have to pimp folding.

You guys do a wonderful job of showing me your appreciation, and I don't care if I can't be nominated. But please, think about Steve, Moosie, and Phantom who work hard for this team just because they want to give all they can for it. That's another reason I love helping the team, because you guys all make me so damned proud. Let's recognize everyone who deserves it, period.

And BTW, this is job profiling, and that's wrong. ;)

Rich Tate said:
I have to respectfully disagree on this one. A mod is not forced to be one, he or she chooses to do so because they want to do a little something above and beyond for the team. I personally get enough reward from the PM's thank you posts and emails, but once again, no one asks Steve or I to do what we do. We do because we want to help out in any way we can.

In terms of me personally, I appreciate everything you guys do for me, which is a TON, but I still think anyone who goes above and beyond should get a chance to be recognized.

Remember, No one told Moose or Phantom they had to be a mod or else. Nor does anyone tell Steve or I we have to pimp folding.

You guys do a wonderful job of showing me your appreciation, and I don't care if I can't be nominated. But please, think about Steve, Moosie, and Phantom who work hard for this team just because they want to give all they can for it. That's another reason I love helping the team, because you guys all make me so damned proud. Let's recognize everyone who deserves it, period.

And BTW, this is job profiling, and that's wrong. ;)

True, I'll agree with you. Lets get voting! :D

-Mn Scout

K, couple of changes, I've undeleted the prior nominations, and will be tallying the nominations from there. We'll narrow it down to the five top nominees and they'll be posted in a poll in a new thread next week.

Couple of additional things as we're rolling along, only your first nomination counts, so if you picked two, the first one is the one I'm counting, and no self-love, that's just sick. ;)

Edit: 1 thing I forgot, a person can only be a monthly winner once every 12 months.

AtomicMoose said:
Marty is racist. He is anti-Mod. :p

You really should not make me google images on self love-

4-1-Malignant-Self-Love,-bo.jpg

I think it a book about serial killers whom have sex with dead people. Kinda fitting for me I guess...

I need to think about who I'm voting for after reading this book and truly understanding the ways of KodiakStar.

If we can only nominate 1 then I'll nominate unhappy_mage.

p[H] I think that's what you want us to do, since the only way we can get it down to 5 people is having people nominate someone more than once. Little confused since you are unclear on how this is going to progress.

-MN Scout

MN Scout said:
If we can only nominate 1 then I'll nominate unhappy_mage.

p[H] I think that's what you want us to do, since the only way we can get it down to 5 people is having people nominate someone more than once. Little confused since you are unclear on how this is going to progress.

-MN Scout
Here is a little clarification for the thick skulled. :p

You can only make one nomination per person...so, if I nominate marty, then I cannot put anyone else up for the nod. If you then inturn nominate marty, he has 2 nods. Make sense?

Then p[H] and I will make a new poll with the top 5 folks who got the most nods.

I hope that this clears the air. :)

Sorry I wouldn't call myself thick skulled, but p[H] says "but if the nominee and reason have already been mentioned, please don't repost them so we can keep this as clean and on topic as possible!" Then later million posts down it changes into some thing else. And we never sorted out the Yay or Nay thing. So it still appears like we are deciding if the nominations should go in this messed up thread or if we are going to change to a new thread. I still say new thread. Make a new thread or edit the first post. Please.

Sorry, that was my oversight on the first post. I've updated it to reflect the changes that we've discussed as the thread has evolved.

MN Scout said:
Sorry I wouldn't call myself thick skulled, but p[H] says "but if the nominee and reason have already been mentioned, please don't repost them so we can keep this as clean and on topic as possible!" Then later million posts down it changes into some thing else. And we never sorted out the Yay or Nay thing. So it still appears like we are deciding if the nominations should go in this messed up thread or if we are going to change to a new thread. I still say new thread. Make a new thread or edit the first post. Please.
I was being a smartass....please don't take it personally.
:)

In case it's not too late.. I nominate Josh Bingman from Tier 1 in the gauntlet, for the most meaningful increase in PPD production.. A couple others had similar or greater increases in terms of %, but he had a decent PPD to begin with, and then ramped up from there as well. Good job :D

Though, thats just a nod for a job well done, going to be hard to pick!

CaptRingold said:
In case it's not too late.. I nominate Josh Bingman from Tier 1 in the gauntlet, for the most meaningful increase in PPD production.. A couple others had similar or greater increases in terms of %, but he had a decent PPD to begin with, and then ramped up from there as well. Good job :D

Though, thats just a nod for a job well done, going to be hard to pick!

Thanks for the nomination! :)

I'm going to throw a nod out for King for the work he's done on the website.
Honorable mention goes to p[H]ant0m for the [H]ardBowl and unhappy_mage for his work on foldix. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back