QPack Backpack or Bag

manwdaplan

n00b
I was looking to see if anybody knows of any good backpacks or shoulder bags that would fit the QPack. The only thing holding my back right now is that. I know it has a handle but I will be bringing mine to work and I want to be a bit discrete. I was looking at this but I don;t know if it will fit

Mogen Mini PC 3 in 1 Backpack

Let me know with links if possible.

Shawne

hmm thats interesting.. I need something as well.

That backpack MAY be a little small for the QPACK, but the only way to know is get it an try I guess.

Looks like the fine folks at Ajump answered my question
Dear Shawne,

Thank you for your inquiry with Ajump.com. The Mogen SFF Mini PC 3-in-1 Backpack with Wheels (p/n 50HD001) was designed for use with Shuttle, AOpen, IWill, Impression, Soltek, Jetway, MSI, and Biostar barebones. Although the height and length of the Aspire barebone may fit the backpack, the width of it may not. The Aspire barebone is 11.2" wide, while most of the compatible barebones are only about 8.5" wide. Therefore, we can not guarantee that the Aspire barebone will fit inside the Mogen backpack.

If there is anything else we may help you with, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
Khang Pham
Customer Service
Ajump.com
(877) 692-5867

Does anybody know of a bag that will work or the Qpack.

Take a look at the Frag Bag from Falcon Northwest. It fits a Fragbox2, it should also fit a Silverstone SG-01. It should also fit the Aspire I think, the dimensions are close.

Skin, that bag is way too small for the qpack, just look at the dimensions.

PClark99 said:
Take a look at the Frag Bag from Falcon Northwest. It fits a Fragbox2, it should also fit a Silverstone SG-01. It should also fit the Aspire I think, the dimensions are close.

Wow, that would fit perfectly. If only it wasn't soo expensive! I really want one now.

PClark99 said:

This would be perfect!!!!!.

The Dimensions for the Xpack is : (DxWxH) 13.8" x 11.2" x 9"
The Dimensions for the fragbag is : 20" long, 14"wide 12" deep

Would fit with room to spare. $75 bucks might be worth it The Xpack, a Tforce motherboard and this bag would would still be cheaper then a Shuttle SN25P and the shuttle bag.

Thanks for the info

Ok, I am seriously debating on getting this bag or not.

1. It seems very high quaility
2. It looks like it would protect the Q-Pack well
3. I need a bag for LANs
4. I need a bag to carry my comp back and forth to college in the summer.... soooo is it worth the $101?

Its $75 + a ridiculous $26 UPS ground shipping!

Does anybody have this bag?? I am curious as to what the build is like.

PClark99 said:
Wow, Falcon NW really gouges on shipping!!!! :(

yep, thats what I said.. I was originally going to just buy it. But with shipping like that! I am now searching for the same bag, except unbranded by Falcon NW.

Wouldn't a good quality sports bag and some 1-2" foam lining be much cheaper than the fragbag?

CRaZYMoFo said:
Wouldn't a good quality sports bag and some 1-2" foam lining be much cheaper than the fragbag?

Yeah.. if I can find one that fits it perfectly, can't be too big, or too small.

haha awesome! Get a bag, and get some foam cut to fit around the qpack.. kinda like an expensive gun case ;)

MassiveOverkill said:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=128&products_id=2985

These guys live 2 miles away from me, so I may go down there tommorrow and see if it will fit.

I like it, but it won't really protect the qpack very much.

I found a "tote" bag made by Ozark Trail at my local Wal*Mart that measures:

20"x12"x12" and its "semi-padded"

and... its only $14!!! w00t

I am going to grab one and let you know how it goes. If it works.. it will be much better than $100!

Furious Styles said:
Hey all,
I have a Qpack as well, and this rolling backpack/bag was featured in the latest ed. of maximum PC. The dimensions are 20x15x10, so it should just fit the Qpack. I'm thinking about getting it, its only $60 and looks stylish, not to mention the rolling part!

http://www.pacificdesign.com/pac_act2rollback.html

Hmm, looks like it'll only accept a laptop. The max size is 2.25" thick.

Ok, so I called Falcon NW and asked about the bag. The reason the shipping is so much is because the bag does not collapse. So it is a big box that they send it in. Please update this tread if anybody finds a bag that fits this case. Also I know the frag bag will fit the Silverstone SG01. I am thinking abut this case as well even though it is 50 bucks more. Any know of and bags that will fit the Silverstone case as well?

Shawne

well I bought that one at Wal*Mart that i was talking about for $13. It is a tight fit in the corners, but it fits, with room to spare on the ends. Unfortunately there is absolutely no padding to protect it.

OK

What do people think of
This

This is designed for the MSI SFF but it looks big enough. Does anybody know the size of this bag. I e-mailed MSI and have not gotten a repley. You can not beat 20 bucks.

Shawne

manwdaplan said:
OK

What do people think of
This

This is designed for the MSI SFF but it looks big enough. Does anybody know the size of this bag. I e-mailed MSI and have not gotten a repley. You can not beat 20 bucks.

Shawne

Yes, please let us know.

The QPack is 14x9x11 inches

The MSI Mega is 12x8.3x6.9 inches.

I don't think that Mega back will fit the QPack.

2" Padding is good. The more the better. Its up to you if you are comfortable with the overall size of the bag.

I didn't like the way it fit...........I mean if it was a fully-enclosed bag and had that much gap, it wouldn't have been a problem, but being more of a harness than a bag, even with padding, it would be too sloppy for my tastes.

Yea that would be sloppy... I prefer a closed bag myself. I bought an Antec Super Lanboy though. Couldnt resist the DFI Ultra-D :)

Yeah it has to be fully enclosed and padded to be perfect. Come on Aspire.. or someone, release a nice padded bag that will fit our naked qpacks!! ... without being $100... lol

If aspire would make a LAN bag for the qpacks that was able to hold, Qpack, Headphones, Mouse, Keyboard, Cables, and CD's with a snug fit, I would pay a ton for it.

It's not exactly a "bag" but the geargrip for SFF machines just barely fits around the qpack. I bought the thing when I was using an Aria, but I tried it at this past weekend's LAN party and it fits, barely. I'm thinking that I'll have a local canvas shop fit some slightly longer straps so it's a better fit. The geargrips website seems to be down at the moment, but it's www.geargrip.com . I also use their LCD carrier, which may be the single most useful peice of LAN party gear ever built.

The way the geargrip is designed, it relies on the tightness of the straps (coupled with some little rubber "corners" the sort of grab the case edges) to keep the sff from falling out. I've carried mine quite a bit and never had a problem with it slipping. The advantage of not having anything in front or behind is that you can operate the PC with the geargrip in place, meaning that packing up at the end of the LAN is that much easier.

Back