How to disassemble / take apart Toshiba laptops. Guide with pictures.

cj2600

n00b
Hi all,
I created few guides about Toshiba notebook disassembly. If you want to disassemble, repair, upgrade or clean you laptop, my website might be useful for you.

I plan to continue creating new disassembly guides. Stay tuned.
I hope this information is useful for you.

You can find it here: irisvista.com

Last edited:
Awesome... I got a P25-S509 now and that was rather interesting... Gonna do the bottom half soon?

Rune75 said:
Awesome... I got a P25-S509 now and that was rather interesting... Gonna do the bottom half soon?
You are lucky, man. I just took pictures from P25!
Need some time to create a guide.
BTW I'm from Seattle too.:cool:

I'd concider myself lucky if the damn thing would work right... (How I love BB). Im rather curious about the pics ya just took tho.

Im in Bremerton, actually... you?

The bad thing is those look better then some of the real toshbia ones. Toshiba seems to like to reuse pictures and sometimes you look at the tear down and wonder what the hell they are talking about. I look at them everyonce in a while(I have a toshiba tech id and login) but most of the time use it to check issue alerts. Some of them can be funny too. Rune's p25 has 2 different alerts saying that the 15volt and 19 volt ac adapters are not interchangeable even though they have the same tip.........

I just finished instructions for Toshiba Satellite P25.

Last edited:
cj2600 said:
Hi all,
I created few guides about Toshiba notebook disassembly. If you want to disassemble, repair, upgrade or clean you laptop, my website might be useful for you.
I already created teardown guides with pictures for the following models:
Toshiba Satellite 1415
Toshiba Satellite 1800
Toshiba Satellite 1805
Toshiba Satellite 2435
Toshiba Satellite M35X
Toshiba Satellite A60/A65
Toshiba Satellite A70/A75
Toshiba Satellite P25
Toshiba Tecra A1
Toshiba Tecra TE2100

I plan to continue creating new disassembly guides. Stay tuned.
I hope this information is useful for you.

You can find it here: http://www.irisvista.com/tech/index.htm

Can I request a Tecra A3 guide? :)

Well done!

Finally! Somebody who knows how to use their camera! Great work!!1!

THanks a million. I am gonna replace my dad's busted dvd-r drive on his A75, and this just helped me tons. One question though - can I directly replace the old drive with an aftermarket new one? Or is there gonna be some configuring to be done?

cj2600 said:
I'll take pictures from Tecra A3 as soon as I get if for repair.

I can make sure someone has to get theirs repaired... ;)

BrownThunder said:
THanks a million. I am gonna replace my dad's busted dvd-r drive on his A75, and this just helped me tons. One question though - can I directly replace the old drive with an aftermarket new one? Or is there gonna be some configuring to be done?
Remove the drive and look for a Toshiba part number. It'll look something like this K000025480. Then search eBay for this drive. Buy it and replace your busted one.

Nice work! I wish there was a guide for Fujitsu lappys...I can't take the C2210 apart. It seems one of the fans are clogged or smth..making weird grinding noises :eek:

Hi all,
Toshiba Portege 4010 disassembly guide with instructions is ready.

Last edited:
Toshiba Tecra S1.
New guide with instructions.
How to disassemble and repair.

Last edited:
Hello, I added three new disassembly guides with pictures.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Nice, I hope you do a L25-S1193 sometime soon.

I'm curious to see what kind of socket the CPU is in. I have HEARD it's a BGA socket (soldered onto the board) but i am hoping to hell it's not. I'm going to try and use a Pentium-M. I'm actually about to send you a P.M.

I'd also really appreciate it if you could do one of the L25-S119X laptops :)

diredesire said:
Nice, I hope you do a L25-S1193 sometime soon.

I'm curious to see what kind of socket the CPU is in. I have HEARD it's a BGA socket (soldered onto the board) but i am hoping to hell it's not. I'm going to try and use a Pentium-M. I'm actually about to send you a P.M.

agreed. Please.

Edit: I did a CD/DVD Drive Swap
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028647355#post1028647355

I would like to see what the processor socket looks like also. If I get up the courage I might do this as well.

Awsome work, i just bought a pair of tecra A4's (PTA42C-RA301E to be exact) for the office yesterday, one of them being mine. i don't really have plans to tear it down anytime soon but it would still be interesting to have a look inside if you ever work on one of them

Lint said:
Awsome work, i just bought a pair of tecra A4's (PTA42C-RA301E to be exact) for the office yesterday, one of them being mine. i don't really have plans to tear it down anytime soon but it would still be interesting to have a look inside if you ever work on one of them
I'll create a guide for A4 when I get one for repair.

I would love to see a disassembly guide for A105-S101 laptop.

I want to do the whole pin mod trick, but I dont know how to take the darn thing apart.

Back