Quake 4 screenshot thread

darkhorse

Gawd
theres one for FEAR but I havent seen a screen thread for Quake 4, so I thought I'd start it. 56k beware and all that.

Heres a few pumped out by my 6600gt:

screen18kj.jpg

screen23gi.jpg

screen42ec.jpg

screen56ii.jpg

I don't want to derail the thread, but what settings are you using for your 6600 GT? Any AA or AF? I know with Doom 3 I was able to run at 1280x1024 High Quality with 2xAA and 8xAF, can I expect nearly the same with Quake 4?

I play at 1024x768 all highest settings with 2x aa, don't know about af, theres no option in game and I dont think its set to be forced on the driver. I get pretty good framerates, I dont know the numbers but it seems between 40-50fps most of the time sometimes it bogs down but only in select rooms.

I'm on 1024 x 768 (Medium)...when I went to auto-detect, it gave me 640x480 (low). Lol, wtf?!

Euh do you have a 256mb 6600GT or a 128mb 6600GT? I haven't really played with the settings, BUT I overclocked the card to 600/1050 from 500/900, so it should run a bit better than a normal 6600GT (I have an MSI card, although a P4 2.53ghz processor and an AGP4x graphics slot might restrict my bandwidth severly). Right now I have it on 1024*768 @ high except for textures (edited config files) and I don't have AA on... it runs smoothly, but it just doesn't look as good as I think it should.

I really have to go pick this game up. MY favorite part of Quake 2 was the strogg "processing" centre where they transformed marines into strogg. I have seen previews of the game, and I have noticed some screenshots which show the processing facility.

****SPOILER***

I have seen a screenshot of a giant heart, which powers a priocessing center, sounds very cool.

I have the 128mb version, not overclocked except xfx's stock 1000 on the memory. It might just be that I can handle the slowdowns better, my last two cards were a 5700le and a 5200 so I got used to it, I can sacrifice not running smooth all the time for some high image quality.
heres a couple more shots:

screen68qh.jpg

screen79kw.jpg

heres some I took at 1680x1050, I didnt use any AA because it didnt bother me in this game for somereason, also you may not want to look at these if you havent played the game as some of them are sort of *SPOILERS*

*edit* -changed to links sorry

I took a bunch of shots but they are all black when I view them. Just a solid black picture. WTF? Maybe an SLI thing?

I nocliped into one of the examination rooms, as far as I know it is suppose to be that bright (surgery lamps?)

Side Note: I discovered g_timespot and bound a toggle.

I still am only able to take black screen shots... bizarre. I think this happened once before with another game and I fixed it... but how the hell did I do it?? whew.. hmmmm

Remember 8x AF is ON by default when using High Quality. Someone said they were at 0X AF. ;)

PerfectCr said:
Remember 8x AF is ON by default when using High Quality. Someone said they were at 0X AF. ;)

Oh really, so that where the AF settings are. What AF setting is it set to, when running Medium Quality?

Lazy_Moron said:
Oh really, so that where the AF settings are. What AF setting is it set to, when running Medium Quality?
Same as Doom 3. High/Ultra Quality = 8xAF, all others = Zero

bladeiai said:
heres some I took at 1680x1050, I didnt use any AA because it didnt bother me in this game for somereason, also you may not want to look at these if you havent played the game as some of them are sort of *SPOILERS* /QUOTE]

How did you get it @ 1680x1050, it wont display that res as an option for me? i have a 2005 as well.

Back