Custom made arcade machine(P4 machine)

rbf351

Limp Gawd
i made this a while ago, but figured why not post this up since it is a computer case

the computer is a P4 3.0 GHz, 2 gigs of ram, and 20 gig hard drive. running Win XP Pro, and mame 32

the deisgns i used are here
http://rbf351.com/rob/me/arcade pics/designs.jpg

case construction
DSC00027.JPG

DSC00028.JPG

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00033.JPG

DSC00037.JPG

Controller wiring
DSC00034.JPG

DSC00035.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

TV and computer installed
DSC00044.JPG

logo installed
DSC00047.JPG

finished with coin slots, edging and black plexiglass around the TV
DSC00051.JPG

What Mortal Combat is that :) . I REALLY want mortal combat for my pc, cant find it anywhere in the shops. If someone has any ideas PLEASE drop me a line.

Endurance Man said:
What Mortal Combat is that :) . I REALLY want mortal combat for my pc, cant find it anywhere in the shops. If someone has any ideas PLEASE drop me a line.

i have just about every version of Mortal Kombat they make. i also have about 300 other roms that play on this, i have a front end menu system that lets me choose which ever i want with the joystick

rbf351 said:
logo installed
DSC00047.JPG

dude that is sweet! i love you pug just pimping in the picture! I almost got me one of those this week at the dog shelter... Whats its name?

spotdog14 said:
dude that is sweet! i love you pug just pimping in the picture! I almost got me one of those this week at the dog shelter... Whats its name?

His name is Noodles, he's a great dog

You running anything like Killer Instinct or Tekken on that? Since the newer version of MAME can kinda run it with a powerful machine (which sounds like you have).

Cowcaster88 said:
You running anything like Killer Instinct or Tekken on that? Since the newer version of MAME can kinda run it with a powerful machine (which sounds like you have).

yes i have both killer instinct games, and last time i tried tekken wasn't working right, or missing sound

yeah i'm thinking the same too, a mame project next would be nice. i was looking at this site mameroom.com ? or something like that. i really like their mame layout plans

Artluo100 said:
yeah i'm thinking the same too, a mame project next would be nice. i was looking at this site mameroom.com ? or something like that. i really like their mame layout plans

they charge you for those, it's very easy to draw up your own

That's a very handsome pug! He sure is not one of those bug-eyed ones! We had one (Sam). They are very, very awesome dogs for sure!

That is amazingly freakin sweet. I think I've just scrapped my mythtv idea. I have got to get me one of these :D

Sweet... Now I wouldnt have to go to the arcade if i had my own cabinet... ((Cabinets are always better then consoles))

I can't even imagine what it took to get the joysticks to hook up. All i see is wires!!

Very nice work. You seem to know alot about being handy.

Keep it up, maybe you can sell some Arcade computers...Or even develop new game shells :)

Very nice. I've got my own MAME cab built from an 80s midway cabinet. What front end are running on it? I'm using MAMEWah and its running through a Jpac and ArcadeVGA to use the original arcade's tube.

i used to have this japanese arcade machine (sega astro city 29"). Awesome cabinet. I always wanted to turn it into a mame cabinet but didnt know how. So I bought arcade boards and it was a pain in the ass to change games. every game used different wiring for the buttons.

That's a nice looking cab; thanks for making the plans available. The angle on your control panel looks like it might be uncomfortable, but other than that it looks great!

-Ace-

Mad props

You should post some links for construction and where one can aquire the parts. Where did you get the graphic for the MAME logo? Where did you get the coin op thingy? Controls? I need info!

wow, I was thinking about doing this, and now that I see it done and done EXTREMELY well I am impressed and want to do it.

|oR|Spetsnaz said:
Mad props

You should post some links for construction and where one can aquire the parts. Where did you get the graphic for the MAME logo? Where did you get the coin op thingy? Controls? I need info!

i don't remember where i got the logo, but it was like 20 bucks

all of the wood i got from homedepot, and the rest of the parts from ebat, the coin slot costs 10 bucks!!

Nice job, Needs a nice flatscreen tv, if your not venting that Sony KV32S45? the sooner u will probably be picking one up, also i hope u''ve rebuilt the chassis of that TV, there is a transformer, i think its T502 on the A board that breaks the solder loose and will short out the HOT transistor, and the 130v regulators and a 0.01ohm resistor :(

I'm telling u this since i've seen quite a few that don't get shaken alot do it, and since u will be shaking it more, it will increase the chances of the transformer breaking loose.

RogueTrip said:
Nice job, Needs a nice flatscreen tv, if your not venting that Sony KV32S45? the sooner u will probably be picking one up, also i hope u''ve rebuilt the chassis of that TV, there is a transformer, i think its T502 on the A board that breaks the solder loose and will short out the HOT transistor, and the 130v regulators and a 0.01ohm resistor :(

I'm telling u this since i've seen quite a few that don't get shaken alot do it, and since u will be shaking it more, it will increase the chances of the transformer breaking loose.

yeah a falt a screen would have been nicer, and would make the machine easier to move. the entire back of the machine is open, so it's got plenty of vent space. i didn't even have to open the TV, i made the machine wide enough to sopport the entire tv, case and all. the tv is pretty old(over 10 years) and still works, if it dies at least i got my moneys worth

Back