Weaponized Stacker

mohammedtaha

2[H]4U

I had a HARD time fitting it in there .. I had to sand off some of the sides to get it to fit in there .. and I still had to slam it in .. but it fit perfectly ... even if I tilt the case it stays there.

Overall .. nice setup .. happy so far.

mohammedtaha said:
I had a HARD time fitting it in there .. I had to sand off some of the sides to get it to fit in there .. and I still had to slam it in .. but it fit perfectly ... even if I tilt the case it stays there.

Overall .. nice setup .. happy so far.
Looks good, so how do you like the Weapon setup so far......................... :D

Top Nurse said:
Looks nice! So where are the HD's?

up high .. You can move them around wherever you want

Bio-Hazard said:
Looks good, so how do you like the Weapon setup so far......................... :D

Amazing .. just got it working earlier .. It's a bitch to work with but once you got it, you feel like you accomplished something :p

Thanks for the kind words

is that just a weapon core, or a weapon core and shroud?

do you plan to mount that fillport into the top of your case at some point, or are you just going to leave it indefinately?

looking pretty good so far, i hope that you get some pretty wicked temps out of that loop. good luck.

Yes both Weapon core and shroud painted silver :D

well, I'm not sure about the t-line .. up till now it's indefinite but maybe I'll change my mind some day.

The temps are COOL ... you have no idea .. L1A at lowest settings and the Presscot is cooler than my 2.8C @ idle ... around 28C .. I didn't install a temp sensor yet .. I'll be doing that sometime next week.

Video card idles @ 25-26C and hasn't hit 31C yet even @ load.

Doesn't seem to like going over 30C ... I wonder what it's like when I turn up the fans a little ;)

i've been pretty impressed with the latest omega drives and the OC that i'm able to push with ATI tray tools.

mohammedtaha - i have the same case and was thinking about installing the Swiftech kit similar way to urs.

i dont like the idea of having to fit the res and fan at the back of the case.

do u got anymore detailed pics u could email me?

wat modding did u have to do to get it to fit - it doesnt look like u used the 4in3 bracket????

From the topic you can tell this is a Weaponzied Stacker, so this is the Weapon core and shroud that I'm using.

That's why it's sticking out like that.

It's a bitch to get in since it's WIDE.. you'd have to sand off a few mm's of the edges but once you've done that, it fits easily and locks in place. LOCKS .. perfect fit.

How many HDD's were u able to fit in there if you have, lets say 3 5 1/4 drives? And do you have 4 120mm fans surrounding the radiator? Do you think if you had the 810 stacker, that youd be able to attach the radiator directly to the fans that are on the back of the case? instead of mounting it in the drive bays?

DangerIsGo said:
How many HDD's were u able to fit in there if you have, lets say 3 5 1/4 drives? And do you have 4 120mm fans surrounding the radiator? Do you think if you had the 810 stacker, that youd be able to attach the radiator directly to the fans that are on the back of the case? instead of mounting it in the drive bays?

Answered in PM.

In summary:

I don't think hooking it up to the exhaust 2 x 120mm fans in the back would work especially if the holes aren't lined up.

man... i knew i should have gotten one of those cases instead. oh well

nice work!

my new storm block, mcp655 and mcw55 should be in this week... too bad vid card is on rma haha.

also you're not considering a res at all? not even with all that room you got in there?

Double Jesus said:
man... i knew i should have gotten one of those cases instead. oh well

nice work!

my new storm block, mcp655 and mcw55 should be in this week... too bad vid card is on rma haha.

also you're not considering a res at all? not even with all that room you got in there?

There's no space for a res. It's surprising but every single slot is being used, I might be able to squeeze it in but it would be a jam.

I also started to hate res's, a T-Line is a lot easier to deal with.

Good luck with the your parts. Post pics when you're done.

There's one more thing going on my case, I'm not done yet.

:)

Do you think that it would be possible to lay the rad horizontal and attach it to the grate on the bottom of the case while putting the power supply on the top?

DangerIsGo said:
Do you think that it would be possible to lay the rad horizontal and attach it to the grate on the bottom of the case while putting the power supply on the top?

You talking about my case ?

If you're talking about my case, it's possible BUT you would not be able to pull enough air through the radiator. It is possible and I did think about it, but performance and aesthetics is more important. The power supply is at the top, so I'm not sure what you're talking about ...

dude, you got all kinds of room at the bottom for a res... especially if you took some cdrom rails and mounted them to the res then modded the rails so the could attach to the bottom of your case. i got all these pics in my head now haha might have to rig something for myself when the new parts come in now :D

Double Jesus said:
dude, you got all kinds of room at the bottom for a res... especially if you took some cdrom rails and mounted them to the res then modded the rails so the could attach to the bottom of your case. i got all these pics in my head now haha might have to rig something for myself when the new parts come in now :D

Did you forget about the radiator ? It takes the bottom .. where would I put the res ?

Over the fan controller is a hd, under it is another hd. Under the bottom hd is the radiator and it's covered.

NO SPACE. :p

Yeah in your case...attach the rad somehow and have the fans blowing out through the grate on the bottom. Wouldnt that be possible?

DangerIsGo said:
Of course it's possible- works quite well, in fact.
Here is mine set up with a weapon 342 on the case subfloor...
stack3.jpg

Converting the case to pseudo-BTX makes things alot easier.

Why cant we see any drives that you have? What case is that? the 810 (1 PSU space) or the STC-T01 (2 PSU spaces)?

DangerIsGo said:
Why cant we see any drives that you have? What case is that? the 810 (1 PSU space) or the STC-T01 (2 PSU spaces)?
It's the original 2-PSU version.
You can't see the drives because I made plexiglass "beauty panels" to cover up the sides of the bay structure...too ugly and I wanted to channel the air from the front fans better.
Here are some front shots...
Drives installed (4x36GB Raptor in RAID0 and 1x120GB Seagate SATA)
Raptor4.jpg

And the front fan panel installed...
stack4.jpg

Wheres your power switch? And USB Headers? etc..? Can you use the side window in psuedo BTX form? Or is it only for ATX? Your case is like exactly what I want to do with mine so sorry for all the questions.

The power switche(s) are Bulgins-the two round silver things right below the fan bus knobs at the top.
I have no front USB ports (yet).
I run two of the round grill sidepanels as I like the look and the extra ventilation.
I think the stock CM windowed panel looks odd...the logo is upside down if you flip it to the opposite side and the shape exposes too much of the bay structure.

BTW, this week the waterloop gets redesigned with the addition of a chipset block and installing a Weapon 302 unit in the front bay area. The GPU block will morph into a DD NV-68 also.
Not sure yet how I'll relocate the HDDs, but it'll come to me.

Depending on the fans (38mm or 25mm thick) the heatercore/shroud/fans are about 5 1/2" thick.
I'm at work right now so I can't measure exactly, but that's pretty close.

Besides the extra 12cm fan in the back and the 1 less PSU bay, is there any difference between the 810 and the STC-T01?

Double Jesus said:
i meant at the bottom like under your soundcard... you could put a bus there!

That would look ugly, I like leaving my case as empty as possible. I don't like adding un-necessary stuff.

That's why I picked the Stacker. It's big and it has space. I had a res before but adding extra tubing to have a res has been compensated for by using a t-line and less than a foot of Tygon.

DangerIsGo said:
Besides the extra 12cm fan in the back and the 1 less PSU bay, is there any difference between the 810 and the STC-T01?

Not really. Well, the motherboard is higher and there's no slot for the cross flow on the side panel.

DangerIsGo said:
Yeah in your case...attach the rad somehow and have the fans blowing out through the grate on the bottom. Wouldnt that be possible?

You saw above that it is possible. But I didn't want to use noisy fans to get enough air through the rad and sucking stuff up from the ground. It also makes for an ugly job, no offense. Using 4 fans, I have 2 pushing and 2 pulling at the same speeds. My case is pretty quiet except for my PSU which is a PC P&C and I'm about to change the fan on it. Really damm annoying.

The 810 doesnt have a crossflow fan..the T01 does(if thats what you meant) which is prob the case Im gonna get. As far as the mounting goes, either way will work, but if you put it in the drive bays, you sacrifice the number of drives you can put in. I have a Live Drive, 2 CD drives (burner and regular) and 2 possibley 4-5 HDD's in the future. As long as I know itll fit somehwere in the case so I dont have to cut crap outta the case for it to mount, Im good.

overclock_by_mohdtaha.jpg

so far... and it's only an ic7-g with no mods as of yet .. I wonder how it would perform with the mods ... maybe get it done over the xmas break ..

revived with a major update

Thanks to Mike Brady from BC who built my core and shroud, I also got a panel to cover the fans.

Here it is ..

Looks good man, you helped convince me I needed a stacker and hence inspired my current build.

I'm not sure if I like the drive cage in the bottem of the case behind my radiator or if I should move the HD to a 5.25 inch slot.

It would definately look cleaner in a 5.25 inch bay though..

Hell maybe I will add asecond 120x2 to the floor which will force me to move it up lol.

Does your swiftech pump make a quiet but noticable whining noise?

everything looks nice and tidy, and then is saw your huge floppy cable! lol! Two words, "Rounded Cable". :p

That looks awesome!
I love seeing more stackers!
Gives me so many Ideas!

Who makes that Rad?

Budwise said:
everything looks nice and tidy, and then is saw your huge floppy cable! lol! Two words, "Rounded Cable". :p

I hate rounded cables, they're hard to route.

Majin said:
That looks awesome!
I love seeing more stackers!
Gives me so many Ideas!

Who makes that Rad?

Mike Brady. I'll pm you his information so you can get a quote from him.

mohammedtaha

I remember you telling me you guys where working on that solution. Thats looks alot better man. My Heatercore from Mike should be here next week. Chose to use the bottom vent. When I go Dual HC in a few months I'll see if he can make me one of those covers :)

Back