Sideways PC mod ! One big pic !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats very cool! I've been trying to make the time to do something similar cause my case just does not fit on the desk the "right" way and I'd love the cables to be coming out the "side".

Wrench00 said:
Don't mean to be rude but that pic looks totally Photochoped.
just about to say samething when i saw the pic....
if your going to do something photoshop, might as well as make it look professional, not n00b like

Look at the bottom of the bay bezel. That definately looks like a hand cut line. Like from some sort of sidecutter or tinsnip, then left unfinished. Need to sand it down a bit, then they will realy be calling hax. :rolleyes:

He shoulda made it a poll... Chop or not.

I vote chop. the lighting just isn't right on the "added" panel compared to the rest of the system.

If that is REAL, then wow, cool idea, but you coulda did better.

You did all that with just that little swiss army knife and tiny pair of pliers? Nice! :) lol...

I say real. Look at the light from the flash progression coming from the drives, all the way down the side panel of the case. Very real, and there is no break.

It's real, between the two bay covers you can see the frame of the pc.

The design could come in handy for a nice cleaner desk look.

I didn't notice that it may have been photoshoped because the pic lagged out my Mac Mini so bad. These things really can have a tough time. Anyways I thought it was a pretty cool idea, kudos.

That looks like a really bad photochop.

Look at the left side of the drives and notice the black line. Also, look at the right side of the drives and how they overlap onto the front bezel.

Sloppy photoshopping skillz.... :rolleyes:

My vote is for Non-Photoshop because of the rough cut on the bottom as well as the the way the flash is spread out in the pic.

mj007 said:
Worst. Photochop. Ever.

Look at the left side of the drives and notice the black line. Also, look at the right side of the drives and how they overlap onto the front bezel.

Sloppy photoshopping skillz.... :rolleyes:

Worst. Posting. Technique. Ever.

The geigh word-period-word thing is old. Mmmkay ???

The picture is real.

Why did you cut all four drive bays out if you can olny use the two? I mean why cut the plastic for 4 drives, but cut out the bottom two slots in the metal bay to clear the frame rail?

Also, since you have the drive rails in the 3rd slot does that mean there is something behind the drive cover? How does it clear the case frame rail?

What did you do to cover the hole in the front? More pics please. :)

What are those two buttons for by the side panel handle thing? Those cost like $20 each. Why would you need them...

Maybe it is photoshopped, but if it is, he's not doing himself any good by claiming it
biggrin.gif

Personally, I don't like it... I'd say do the entire front face or just make it look more creative/artistic for a more fun mod, but to each his own I guess. If you like it, and it works, then rock on.

MAngelo said:
Worst. Posting. Technique. Ever.

The geigh word-period-word thing is old. Mmmkay ???

The picture is real.

Hopefully my edited original post will help you sleep better tonight. Jeez, some people really take this shit a little too seriously...

Ooooo its war to see if its real nor not... o_O'
And nor has the creator replied...

In the lower part of faceplate wouldn't there be a shadow from overhang, that isn't flat. vote for a chopped in need of drop shadows.

Didn't someone do this like... 3 years ago? And the SAME THING HAPPENED.... somebody said "NICE PHOTOSHOP A HURR HURRR" :rolleyes:

ChingChang said:
What are those two buttons for by the side panel handle thing? Those cost like $20 each. Why would you need them...

Obviously they are Power and Reset...
The side of the PC is the front now ...get it.

that's a photoshop job... not a good one either...\

I was hoping for a PC in a Pinot Noir bottle. ;)

gopher0x said:
Obviously they are Power and Reset...
The side of the PC is the front now ...get it.
Yeah, but it just seems like a waste spending $40 on two power buttons...
Unless he got them real cheap somewhere ...get it.

I vote chop. The original poster hasn't even responded, and it doesnt look right, and some cdrom drives are too long to fit in the case oriented like that anyway.

MooCow said:
Didn't someone do this like... 3 years ago? And the SAME THING HAPPENED.... somebody said "NICE PHOTOSHOP A HURR HURRR" :rolleyes:

Yea I was about to say that. These two look very similar

I'm going to have to go with legit. IDE cables and SATA cable routed as if it would be that way. Cut line at the bottom of the drive bays LOOKS cut (when picture maximized). Used all 4 bays because he needed somewhere to put the HDD...maybe.

Just my thoughts

Looks real enough to me, and I do a fair bit of masking and cutting in PSP (hate Adobe with a vengeance).

As previous posters have said, the bottom cut is roughly done (points for ghetto-ness!), the flash bloom is continuous across the image (hard to get that right. Additionally, the vertical seam running down the right hand side of the rotated drive bays is slightly curved, just as it would be if shot from a camera. (spherical distortion/aberration? can't remember the term)

Original poster should post a couple more shots though, prove it one way or the other.

My vote is that its real.

I think its fake. As it was said before, the lighting is wrong. Maybe if there were more pics...of the inside..then it might be believable.

I have a nearly idenditcal case to his. (Mine is silver.) I'm calling legit. The case is deep enough to orient drives like that and for the guy who said the bezel looks funny, you're right but mine looks like that too and I've not modified it in any way. The case is right on my desk here, and while it does look legit, I'm not sure why one would have the desire to do this. But good jub, I suppose. As a number of other posters have said, sand the bottom of the bezel off a little cleaner.

It's real, it was my other case last time as well. I'll post another pic in a few minutes.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resolbkq/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sideways1.jpg
http://mysite.verizon.net/resolbkq/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sideways2.jpg
Here are a couple more shots. I don't even have photoshop installed. I know the workmanship is a bit rough. I've been meaning to do a bit of trim work on the bezel but haven't gotten around to it. It's much easier to swap discs now, and I can look at all the pretties at the same time. As for the original front bezel, I just purchased another one for $6.99 from directron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back