Post Your Dual Core Opteron Results

Budwise

[H]ard|Gawd
I never did see a thread dedicated to this, so here goes.

So far my 24/7 Overclock on air is 2700 @ 1.48Vcore. I was able to reach 2800, but the volts needed were too much for me (1.56Vcore). Im idling at 27C and the picture you see below is under full load.

PLEASE POST YOUR FINAL OC RESULTS IN THE OC DATABASE

Opteron%20170%200543%20Closeup.jpg

Opteron%20OC%200543.jpg

I have been asked more than once for my ram timing info. If you have a DFI mobo, here it goes down the list in the Ram timings menu. Im using 704-2BTA.

auto
enabled
auto
Normal 4 (Level 8)
Level 2
8ns
normal
6ns
disable
disable

I also had a Opteron 170 CCBWE 0541RPMW
Opteron%20170%200541.jpg

It was a bit of a pig needing 1.5Vcore to hit 2600.

awesome budwise! Thanks for the RAM info. Will post results when I get mine up and running.

Opteron 170 0530TPMW CCBWE, i'm gonna call this max, this is as high as i'll push it, i'm quite happy with it... [email protected]. ram's right at 200mhz, cl2-3-3-5, 1T...

wow, if thats max then i would say the 0543TPMW's are very comparable to the 0530's. Mine will hit 2800 a bit easier than that.

"Overclocking, Chapter 2, verses nine to twenty one

-And Saint Eclipse held the Opteron up on high saying

Bless this thou holy Opteron, and that with it we will blow thy enemy Intel into tiny bits.... In thy mercy...

And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the Smithfields, and Prescotts, and the Williamettes, and the Northwoods, and the Extreme Editions, and ...." Amen

:)

man all of these results of CCBWE 0543TPMW totally owning as much as 530 have got me so excited! :D:D:D:D cant wait for mine to come in!

actually so far im the only one with results from the 0543s that i have seen, i hope to see some more soon though!

Budwise said:
"Overclocking, Chapter 2, verses nine to twenty one
oh god, you're killing me here! hahahahahaha, that has to be the funniest thing i've seen in a while :D

but anyway, back on topic.. :p
i need to get me a DC opteron ;)

I got a 165 opteron 0541 to 2.4 on stock volts.

Specs as follows since i haven't made a sig yet

Evga Nf41 sli board
2x256 sticks of Geil Value (with the heat spreaders)
1x512 corsair value
165 opteron 0541 (cooled by a zalman 7000b-alcu)
7800gt
80 gb WD hd (IDE)

Due to my ram, i'm stuck in a low divider, and I think it may be my ram that's capping me slightly, since while i was testing max OC, prime errored, but my computer never rebooted. So i think something else may be capping me.

Once i get a better case and cooling i'll try upping volts.

That said, 2.4 on a 300 proc is awesome for me.

Also, Eclipse, my computer's HD is dieing, if it does, until i get a new one, i may send you my DC to see what you can do with it ^_^.

Budwise said:
actually so far im the only one with results from the 0543s that i have seen, i hope to see some more soon though!

Yep I'll have my 0543 results Saturday, maybe Friday if I don't run into any annoying issues at stock speeds after my build. Just as a reminder, I'll be using a DFI SLI-DR Expert, a 2x1GB G.Skill "HZ" model RAM (Samsung UCCC chips I believe) and an SI-120 sink with AS5 and a 103CFM Panaflo.

Budwise, why didn't your Opteron 170 Clocked @ 2.7Ghz break 30 seconds in SuperPi when a FX-57 clocked 100 mhz faster could? (General Question)
Is a 2.8Ghz Opteron 170 = Fx-57 in single threaded apps?

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
Budwise, why didn't your Opteron 170 Clocked @ 2.7Ghz break 30 seconds in SuperPi when a FX-57 clocked 100 mhz faster could? (General Question)
Is a 2.8Ghz Opteron 170 = Fx-57 in single threaded apps?
i'm only hitting 31s on my opteron [email protected]... maybe some setting is goofed up on my system?

Well I have an Opteron 170 CCBWE 0541RPMW. And it's overclocking is nothing to write home to.
Initial testing shows that 2.5GHz is dual-prime stable with only 1.4volts.
2.6Ghz is not dual prime stable with 1.4v, but is stable in all of my games, benches, spi, and others. this chip is certainly voltage hungry.
I have made up my mind and am selling this chip on Ebay. I'll try my luck with a 175 (could use an 11x multi).
I mean 2.5GHz isn't bad, but coming from a 2.7Ghz Sandy I wanted to get where I was or higher, not lower.

i have a 0530tpmw. i get 2.5ghz with stock voltage (1.35), but i can't go any higher due to temps. once i get a bt i should have some final results

budwise where did you get that processor...oem or retail?
I need one.

NICE speeds and a great post

sparks

Anyone know what kind of Opty 170 OEM steppings are coming from monarch right now?

got it here from Dave Graham. Probably the reason i havent broken 30s is due to the memory. Im running 2GB wich is not exactly low latency. The FX57's youve see break 30s prolly are running 2X512Mb at 2-2-2-5, which makes a big different in SuperPi.

will have to check...I pm him but have not heard back yet.

most sites are now out of 170's and posting 12-15 up to 1-30-06
for stock.

newegg and monarch are the only ones still in stock I guess.
whoops monarch out now ETA January 5

wonder what dates and oc you can get on a 175?

sparks

i got a 170 this week from a place www.digitalhotbuy.com

Give em a try. They had good prices and shipped very fast.

EDIT: I just checked them, and they are not OOS too! lol, wow, just wow... Im glad i got mine when i did!

I just did a pricegrabber search, and every single place was out of stock...

Elysian said:
i'm only hitting 31s on my opteron [email protected]... maybe some setting is goofed up on my system?
considering that my opteron does 31.8s at 2.8ghz with SINGLE CHANNEL memory at 280mhz 3-3-3, i think so. you should be in the low 30's or 29's unless you're killing your ram speed ;)

Thanks budwise, i just ordered one. Im just glad they arent gouging like eveyone else.

wow, they must have gotten a shipment today cuz they were out of stock an hour ago. Kewl, glad to hear ya grabbed one!

(cf)Eclipse said:
considering that my opteron does 31.8s at 2.8ghz with SINGLE CHANNEL memory at 280mhz 3-3-3, i think so. you should be in the low 30's or 29's unless you're killing your ram speed ;)
Memory.PNG

i don't think i'm killing it, but you tell me

edit: couldn't tighten up my timings anymore, so i did what any sane individual would do, i overclocked it, and got a 600mb/sec bump in my sisoft sandra mem score...
MemoryOverclocked.PNG

and now i'm down to 30s superpi 1m

anyone else get their 0543 from Dave yet? I wanna see some results with more volts and under water...

I ordered a Opteron 170/Motherboard combo from Monarch on 12/1 and at that time, the Opteron's showed as in stock for the retail version which I chose.

Today their Opteron 170's display an ETA of Jan 5th. If you go to the Combo page, you still see this displayed at the top: (note the in stock at the bottom)

AMD Top Manufacturer
AMD Recommended System Partner
Monarch has been in business since 1991
Government Discounts Available for qty 9 or more (Contact Us)
90 day standard Monarch warranty (6 month, 1, 2 and 3 year Monarch warranty options available)
Retail Box: Includes cables, manuals and drivers
Combos ship in 1-3 days
All Inventory in Stock

Unfortunately, Monarch's order tracking system really doesn't tell you anything except that your order has been placed. I sent an email to their order status dept but the response was that their hours of operation were monday thru friday so I don't expect a response until Monday.

Does anyone know if the Opterons used for Monarch's CPU/MB combos come from the same pool as the OEM/retail stock they sell seperately? I'd be pretty disappointed if I wasn't allotted one of the 170's while they were in stock at the time of the order. If they are indeed sold out, their combo page is very misleading by continuiing to display the message above.

y's every1 posting 170's and no1 w/ 165's? do the 165's not oc as well? i thought they were the same core though :confused:

also, when oc'ing, whats the highest safe load temp to b looking for on the cpu? anywhere under 50C?

55C is considered safe max i think

There are alot of 165's running around here, but nobody has posted em yet. This thread is only a day old though...

Working on my Opteron 170 - (CCBWE 0543TPMW) right now.

SuperPi currently grinding away at 10x240MHz (RAM running at 120MHz to eliminate that as a cause of problems, so I can find what the CPU is capable of first.)

Alright finally figured my maximum stable core clock:

Opteron 170 - Dual SuperPi 32M Stable
CCBWE 0543TPMW
2700MHz @ 1.45v
Thermalright SI-120 w/ Panaflo 103CFM 120mm

The 543's seem to be kicking ass. I hope the one that comes in next week is a 543.

Back