InWin HTPC Case at eBuyer.com $29.99 w/ FREE SHIPPING!

i think you have to goto Ebuyer.com and click on the USA flag to set the region.. then the link will work..

Anyone know if the power supply in this thing is relatively quiet? I've got a mATX case with a power supply that is loud as hell, which makes it annoying to use as an HTPC.

For the price I would be tempted to just upgrade ps if I needed somthing a bit more powerfull.

Well i just ordered one.. see how it is..

estimated arrive is Dec23rd.. (just in time to setup the new HTPC over the Christmas holiday)

wow very fast turn around..

I ordered soon after this post and sure enough.. i've already got my email that it has shipped..

very nice for free shipping.

Got one... don't plan on putting more than a P4C in it. Not much airflow. Also, if you're using stock p4 HSF it can get pretty loud.

Otherwise, it's small and if you can get high flow low noise fans, then it's a great little case.

RGFrog said:
Got one... don't plan on putting more than a P4C in it. Not much airflow. Also, if you're using stock p4 HSF it can get pretty loud.

Otherwise, it's small and if you can get high flow low noise fans, then it's a great little case.
Would you happen to know if the psu exhausts or intakes air? (tia)

That cpu duct ought to come in handy on such a small case, i'd throw a filter on it though.

Good find OP

SJetski71 said:
Would you happen to know if the psu exhausts or intakes air? (tia)

It should exhaust but that is a really restricted exhaust on that PSU. Heat is going to be a bear inside of it (which will derate that PSU by up to 1/3). Probably would be a good idea to replace it unless that In-Win PSU has a FSP model number. The rest of their PSU's are junk. Even if it is a FSP I might want something less restrictive on the exhaust.

Is it using a standard size ATX PSU? Can the PSU be replaced?

Spectre said:
It should exhaust but that is a really restricted exhaust on that PSU. Heat is going to be a bear inside of it (which will derate that PSU by up to 1/3). Probably would be a good idea to replace it unless that In-Win PSU has a FSP model number. The rest of their PSU's are junk. Even if it is a FSP I might want something less restrictive on the exhaust.
Nothing that a can opener couldn't fix :p

primea said:
Is it using a standard size ATX PSU?
I highly doubt it, though i'm not sure if has standard m-atx dimensions either.

I am need to build something like this for my girlfriend, but I need to know the exact dimensions. I need it to be around the size of those old bulky laptops from like 1997. Could someone please post the dimensions for this case.

I was able to find the dimesions here they are
Width 5.61 in.

Depth 13.74 in.

Height 13.23 in.

Weight 8.2 lb.

Just in case anyone else needed them!

Looks like a full sized atx power supply. Anyone heare anything about if it is or not. WIll probably order it either way.

it's using an SFX power supply ... like those used by emachines on their old e-towers ... :(

therapist said:
Looks like a full sized atx power supply. Anyone heare anything about if it is or not. WIll probably order it either way.
Nope, it is definitely not a full-size ATX PSU. I can tell because the width of the PSU is only as wide as the I/O shield and a 40mm fan. A full-size ATX PSU would probably fit the size of an I/O shield and 80mm fan.

It looks like a non-FSP In-win. Enermax and Seasonic both make a SFX PSU tha tthe egg carries that would be preferable over that unit.

Wow very fast.. just got it in today (that is 2 day turn around)..

not bad for 30$ and free shipping..

its actually a pretty neat little case..

it has 2 fans, one on the back and one in the PSU..

now time to put the guts in.

Nice case, have been using one for a folding box for a while, but the CD-ROM drive bay is an issue with my system. My cdrom hits my cpu hsf, so i installed with the drive outside then took it off and put the side back on. A bummer but not a deal breaker.

Any comments how loud the case and PSU are if this is to be used for a HTPC setup?

I bought one a couple weeks ago for an HTPC. I like it, but it so cramped and loud, I am going to spring for a new case. I crammed an Athlon 64 3200+ with stock heatsink on an Asus A8N-VM CSM mobo. NEC DVD burner and a Samsung SATA 200Gb drive. This thing sounds like a hairdryer. I think part of the problem is that the back of the DVD burner overhangs the cpu heatsink by 25% at least. This probably causes turbulence as well as limits the airflow. My processor is running right under 50C at idle, meaning my fans are spinning at max rpm all the time. I haven't checked it under full load. I will be ordering a new heatsink, but, it won't solve the DVD player hanging over the heatsink. Since the case was cheaper than a new burner, I am going to chalk it up to an "oh well, it was worth a shot" and put down for a Silverstone.

It's too bad, I really like the looks and build of the case.

Thanks for the heads-up on this deal. I've got one coming to build my daughter a computer.

Back