Best Motherboard Brand?

Who makes the best motherboards?

• Total voters
you guys are probobly wondering why i chose gigabyte,

because gigabyte is a reliable, stable as a rock,and it kicks ass

Now id go for a dfi myslef as a overclocker, but as a normal onsumer, gigabyte

Your question is really vague. Best for What? OCing? Stability? AMD? Intel? Because for Intel Processers, Intel makes some of the most stable Mobos, such as the D865 PE for socket 478 and etc

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:
Your question is really vague. Best for What? OCing? Stability? AMD? Intel? Because for Intel Processers, Intel makes some of the most stable Mobos, such as the D865 PE for socket 478 and etc
I'm not trying to get an answer to help me buy a motherboard, I'm just trying to see where the fans are.

{NcsO}ReichstaG said:

On open-ended polls like this you just use your opinion of what one you like the most for based on the personal criteria that is important to you. So if you love overclocking, then pick a good overclocking board. If features is important to you, pick one that has them all, etc. etc.

I like Asus boards, very stable, lots of features, good layout and design, really nothing to complain about.

I also chose Gigabyte, for our office PC's we've always used them, stable as it comes.

Personally though, i bought my first MSI mobo in January 2005, and i really like it too. K8N Neo2

Abit

no DFI oc'er but not as finicky as DFI either. not a niche board. much friendlier to
a wider range of consumers. stable. excellent layout. ABIT KN8 SLI has a heat pipe !

SHIT!! I meant to vote Abit on this poll.

Damn 2 polls going on at once, I read "Worst Motherboard poll" and went to vote slotek for worst, but I did it in this thread by accident!!!

Asus & Abit are both the shit. I personally prefer Abit b/c their softmenu is better & easier to navigate than Asus's. But Asus makes GREAT motherboards too.

2gigs said:
you guys are probobly wondering why i chose gigabyte,

because gigabyte is a reliable, stable as a rock,and it kicks ass

Now id go for a dfi myslef as a overclocker, but as a normal onsumer, gigabyte

You obviously never used a K8NS.

Dear God was that thing a turd... Hell, they even lied about the specs... First NF3 board to NOT support dual channel 400 ram. Unless it was Kingston, of course.

I wish you could vote for a 1,2, and 3 in these things :).

1. DFI
2. Abit
3. Asus

lopoetve said:
You obviously never used a K8NS.

Dear God was that thing a turd... Hell, they even lied about the specs... First NF3 board to NOT support dual channel 400 ram. Unless it was Kingston, of course.

I've used it, it supported it.
It was a temprimental board, however, and ended up going through three RMA's to get a working one, so I'm agreeing with you.

Asus without a doubt.

Second I would say Abit, then MSI, then EPoX, then DFI. One look at the actual build quality of a DFI board will quickly bring to light why I put them last.

For LGA755, ASUS makes the best motherboard, bar none.

For PGA478, Abit makes (made?) the best motherboard, bar none.

For S462, ABIT Made the best motherboard, with asus and epox as a close second.

For 939, DFI's board's are the most popular, but without a doubt they are the most temprimental and either die or become unstable if you're unlucky or have the wrong hardware, but ASUS and EpoX have excellent solutions.

Tough decisions, which platform are you looking for?

a little foxconn love from me...

I probably would have chose DFI, as I loved my NF3 Lanparty, but I'm using a free foxconn sli board from nvidia right now, and I can't complain. It's running my venice at 2.7ghz, and has been as stable as my DFI ever was.

sarbz said:
a little foxconn love from me...

I probably would have chose DFI, as I loved my NF3 Lanparty, but I'm using a free foxconn sli board from nvidia right now, and I can't complain. It's running my venice at 2.7ghz, and has been as stable as my DFI ever was.

Free motherboard?! :eek:

ScHpAnKy said:
For LGA755, ASUS makes the best motherboard, bar none.

For PGA478, Abit makes (made?) the best motherboard, bar none.

For S462, ABIT Made the best motherboard, with asus and epox as a close second.

For 939, DFI's board's are the most popular, but without a doubt they are the most temprimental and either die or become unstable if you're unlucky or have the wrong hardware, but ASUS and EpoX have excellent solutions.

Tough decisions, which platform are you looking for?
i must agree with this man :D

for me ..Asus has provided the less headaches per features/performance out of the others I have used that are options in this poll

[H]

ScHpAnKy said:
Free motherboard?! :eek:

Completely off topic.....

I won the last slizone.com contest. I ended up with 2 leadtek 7800gt's & the mobo in my sig(even though the contest rules stated 6800gt's, they sent my 7800's :) ). I sold the 7800gt's for $340/piece on ebay, and bought an evga 7800gt for 285 after rebate from newegg. Also sold my s754 stuff, and bought a new case, monitor, cpu & mouse :D Broke even on the whole deal. It was a nice unexpected upgrade.

And to top it off, I just got confirmation that my Quake4 & COD2 are coming from the evga promotion....I have no clue how I pulled that one off, but I'm getting them both for free!

Merry Christmas to me!

I chose ASUS, because they put out a lot of boards for all different platforms and they seem to have a good mix of features, overclock abilty, and stability

ScHpAnKy said:
I've used it, it supported it.
It was a temprimental board, however, and ended up going through three RMA's to get a working one, so I'm agreeing with you.

They stopped letting me RMA after 4 times, and I gave up. Especially when one told me that running DC DDR400 wasn't something they would support any more on that board... :(

lopoetve said:
They stopped letting me RMA after 4 times, and I gave up. Especially when one told me that running DC DDR400 wasn't something they would support any more on that board... :(

Yeah, I had to RMA mine twice before I got a fully working one

I voted Biostar because they need a little love, and because of the 4 different brand boards I've used(Asus, Gigabyte, MSI the others) this one went together and booted right up first try without a hitch.

ive owned a asus A8N sli deluxe and a LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D (I Loved them both and if i had to choose between em I couldnt)

I picked Abit since I have been using them since around 98 or so and have never had a problem with them. Asus would be my second choice most just from experience. I have never used a DFI or MSI and my friends back home all use either Abit or Asus. I hear really good things about DFI though.

Who voted for the AOpen? That's what I want to know lol. I know alot of people voted for DFI due to the lanparty line but they are still cheapo boards in my eyes I give them another 5-10 years to prove me wrong :).

You forgot about Tyan and a couple others since you are including some cheapo brands might as well include the stable workstation brands don't forget s micro too :).

Back