Half Life 2 Water Problem

Oline61

Gawd
I installed Garry's Mod to mess around. I noticed that it made my water in the regular HL2 game much brighter. In fact the water was almost completely white except for refelections. I uninstalled Garry's mod, water problems still there, reinstall video drivers, still there, delete all Steam games and redownload overnight.... What the Fuck! still there. I'm thinking about completely reinstalling from my DVD if no one has any ideas.

I reinstalled Steam. Tell me if this looks normal.
test3lt.jpg

It seems like the water is still very bright, but it could be my imagination at this point.

Not your imagination :|
Did you check the steam forums? Maybe there are other ppl with this problem?

Here is a Lost Coast screen shot with full HDR. The HDR effect on the water is not near as bright as it should be God Damn it, a complete reinstall of Steam didn't do shit.
te2st1vk.jpg

Just saw in your sig, that your vidcard seems rather overclocked 2 da max. Did you try lowering it to stock, or even below stock?

Both of those screenshots were at stock speeds. I thought that ocing might have something to do with it, but it doesn't.

I'm waiting to complete the activation process at the Steam Forums. If nothing turns up today it's going to be Windows reinstall time. If that doesn't work it's going to be stress reliever shooting spree time.

Don't worry dude, loads of other people are having the same thing. IN CS:S, everything that uses a shader is super bright for me, and about 20 other people that I was playing with on the server, I think its a bug with the update from yesterday.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=383117&highlight=water+bright
Just found that too. Thanks for helping. Glad I haven't reinstalled Windows yet :).
DON'T LOOK AT THE REST OF THIS POST IF YOU ARE UNDER 13.

[Valve Rant]
Lets see how much trouble I went through due to this.
-Driver Reinstall
-Redownloaded all games and then
-Complete Steam reinstall, and redownload games again
-Almost Windows Reinstall
TEST YOU FUCKING SOFTWARE BEFORE YOU RELEASE IT YOU GOD DAMN !!!! WHORES!
[/Valve Rant]

To Oline61:

Take a deep breath and calm down. I think we all know Valve made a mistake. They obviously haven't tested the patch. I don't know why either, it doesn't make sense. Kind of sucks actually, when you think about it.. Makes you think they're a bunch of retards..

it looks like it might be a bug with the 32 bit code path. i've been doing some benchmarking in 64 and 32 bit mode, and i only get the water corruption bug in 32 bit mode.

Back