Priming Opty 165 CCBWE 0547

Phenic

n00b
Priming for a friend. :)

290 x 9 @ 1.425 @ 53C (Stock HSF). Ram (512x4) at 200mhz, 2.5, 3, 3, 7 @ 2T.

Mobo is DFI SLI-DR.

pri1.jpg

Priming now at 2.7ghz.

thats a bit better than my 0546, I needed 1.45 to get it stable at 2600 on the stock hsf. Good luck at 2700...my chip was a hog at 2700 and needed 1.5V, at which point the temps were around 60C

2.7ghz needs 1.5v to be stable on this chip. Good news is that 2650mhz is stable with 1.4V now. I'll burn in the cpu a bit more, hopefully this helps.

2700 seems to be the magic wall for alot of x2 3800 and 165 operton.
After 2650 the voltage & amperage demand spikes as well as temperature.

Personally I can live with it considering the $150 savings over the 170/4400.

Phenic said:
2.7ghz needs 1.5v to be stable on this chip. Good news is that 2650mhz is stable with 1.4V now. I'll burn in the cpu a bit more, hopefully this helps.

Eh. I wouldn't count on "breaking in" to give you a big jump in performance. In my opinion, the only things that actually benefit from burning in are Arctic Silver and any RAM with Winbond chips.

Bona Fide said:
Eh. I wouldn't count on "breaking in" to give you a big jump in performance. In my opinion, the only things that actually benefit from burning in are Arctic Silver and any RAM with Winbond chips.
i agree.

Yea, your probably right. I'm waiting on my ninja... hopefully that comes in soon.

Priming 338x8 @ 1.48V stable for 1hr so far. High temps tho.

Damn, 2.7 :eek:

How much can I expect w/2 120mm fans and a 90mm? I want to OC, but keep it nice and cool. PSU=FSP 450W.

I wish people would stop asking how much they can "expect" with a cpu. You won't know until you do it yourself so stop asking. Also those are really high temps, I don't know why you are overclocking on the stock hsf, but you could probably go faster with less vcore if you had better cooling. Also, try to run small ftt's for cpu load.

thunderstruck! said:
I wish people would stop asking how much they can "expect" with a cpu. You won't know until you do it yourself so stop asking. Also those are really high temps, I don't know why you are overclocking on the stock hsf, but you could probably go faster with less vcore if you had better cooling. Also, try to run small ftt's for cpu load.

Agreed.

mash said:
Damn, 2.7 :eek:

How much can I expect w/2 120mm fans and a 90mm? I want to OC, but keep it nice and cool. PSU=FSP 450W.
The funny thing is I am seeing the same results on my 546 165 [email protected] on stock heatsink 50C full load, what you really need to watch oit for on these NF4 boards is the PWMIC Temps which get near 60C will cause my O/C to fail. Although my ambients are quite 83-85F in the winter(Mom loves the heater) Gonna try and get a new heatsink.

Prime95 runs all day long on small FT's but blend and Large in place fail for some reason. Still working on stabilty as we speak.

Vengance_01 said:
The funny thing is I am seeing the same results on my 546 165 [email protected] on stock heatsink 50C full load, what you really need to watch oit for on these NF4 boards is the PWMIC Temps which get near 60C will cause my O/C to fail. Although my ambients are quite 83-85F in the winter(Mom loves the heater) Gonna try and get a new heatsink.

Prime95 runs all day long on small FT's but blend and Large in place fail for some reason. Still working on stabilty as we speak.

83-85F ambient temps?!?! OMG I would melt! Then again, I'm Scandanavian ;)

Back