A8N32-SLI high temp?

Leright

2[H]4U
Asus probe is reading an idel mobo temp of 43C and an idle CPU temp of about 42C. Sometimes the mobo gets to around 47-48C and the probe tells me this is too high, based on the warning temp that is configured in the program by default. As shown in my sig, this is in an Antec P180 case, with all of the internal case fans set to low speed. I also removed the VGA duct (doesn't seem to do anything) and I added an additional 120mm intake fan.

Can someone give me some advice? Should I worry about this temperature? If I decide to OC, will this temp cause me issues?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've got the case and motherboard as you.

I've installed Asus probe yet and I really don't know hot everything is, I've been very stabled gaming for hours on end, and yeah, that CPU fan likes to kick in! It seems that whenever I'm running a demanding game like F.E.A.R. in SLI, the CPU fan runs at max, but I don't seem to notice the GPU fans, which seems a little odd.

I was a little paranoid about running hot, so I did crank up those P180 TriCool fans to high, which is louder, but I my rig is under a table, so I really don't notice, until the CPU kicks in, then it a little noticeable, not not bad.

My drives are in the bottom cage. I took out the drive cage below the 5.25 bays and installed a third TriCool fan in the front, also set at high. The air flow seems to be pretty good with three fans at high, but I sure some would think its loud, to me its just white noise.

I'll try Asus probe when I'm gaming to see what my temps are like and let you know.

2GB Corsair 3500LL Pro Memmory
2x BFG 7800 GTX 512 OC in SLI
3x Maxtor DiamondMax10 300GB HDD in RAID-0
2x hp dvd740 DVD Writer optical drive | 1x Mitsumi FA404M 7-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader and floppy drive
Antec P180 case
Enermax EG851AX-VH 660W Power Supply
Samsung SyncMaster 213T 21" 1600x1200 LCD Monitor

ok, well, I have been idleing at a mobo/proc temp for the last hour or so of 44C/42C.

ok, I started playing fear for a while, and the mobo for to 52C and the proc got to 48C. WTF?

I'm even worse than you it appears. Probe is reporting a motherboard temp of 48C!

I took off the cover, and started blowing air directly over the northbridge and the temp only when down to 45C after about a half hour of that.

Here are my other stats:

Vcore 1.39V
+3.3 3.25V
+5 5.08V
+12 11.84V
CPU 43C
MB 48C
CPU 3183RPM

I'm running the 1009 BIOS from 12/21.

Not sure if this is accurate or what. Jasonx82 is running a lot cooler than us. We're running dual core.

Guess we need to see what's up.

2x hp dvd740 DVD Writer optical drive | 1x Mitsumi FA404M 7-in-1 USB 2.0 card reader and floppy drive
Antec P180 case

Yeah, I just played a little F.E.A.R. as well and got 52C on the motherboard, and 47C on the CPU.

What BIOS are you running? I wonder if this has something to do with dual cores?

Antec P180 case

heatlesssun said:
Yeah, I just played a little F.E.A.R. as well and got 52C on the motherboard, and 47C on the CPU.

What BIOS are you running? I wonder if this has something to do with dual cores?

Antec P180 case

I am running the latest bios. Well, I'm glad to hear someone else is having the same issue. :p I cranked up all of my case fans to high, and then my mobo maxed out at 49C and my proc maxed out at 43C. That seems a lot better.

Man, this motherboard sure does get hot though. I am sure out temps are normal....well, I hope so anyways. It is stable, and that's all that matters, I guess.

Glad that helped. I'm going to research this, because I running hotter than you, plus I have an extra fan in the front, and even with my side cover off, I'm still running hotter than you, so something got to be up with that.

But yes, everything is running rock solid so far. I hope there is some issue with the Probe.

BTW, my Cool&Quite is disabled. I've heard of issues with that with dual cores, but I don't remember extacly where at the moment.

Antec P180 case

heatlesssun said:
Glad that helped. I'm going to research this, because I running hotter than you, plus I have an extra fan in the front, and even with my side cover off, I'm still running hotter than you, so something got to be up with that.

But yes, everything is running rock solid so far. I hope there is some issue with the Probe.

BTW, my Cool&Quite is disabled. I've heard of issues with that with dual cores, but I don't remember extacly where at the moment.

Antec P180 case

With my side cover off my temps drop substantially. I am also using the extra fan in the front.

My cool and quiet is disabled too. Well, if it is running rock solid and remains that way, then I don't think you should worry. Let me know if you find anything out.

I just ordered a Lian li v1200 plus wishme luck.. :D

lets see how much my temps rise :D

Jasonx82 said:

if you're putting the a8n32 in it, you're boned; Asus does not recommend it.

I don't know if i just got lucky or the crossflow fan in my stacker helps that much but my chipset temps are super cool... 29 idle and 35 max. CPU is 32-41

i had asus probe go off on my with an alert for mobo temps only when i put a different heatsink and fan on my x2. If i put the stock x2 cpu fan on it wouldnt go off.

Jasonx82 said:

LOL! Thats probably the worse case you could use for this motherboard. I hope you can cancel/return it.

My temps when my fan speed controller is cranked to high are chipset = 38, CPU = 39. Thats why an ambient room temp of around 68*F (dont know what that is celcius).

My load temps only go up a few degree's compared to that.

If I open a window and let some cold air in, my temps plummet to around 34*C Chipset, CPU at 36 or so under full load!

Leright said:
Asus probe is reading an idel mobo temp of 43C and an idle CPU temp of about 42C. Sometimes the mobo gets to around 47-48C and the probe tells me this is too high, based on the warning temp that is configured in the program by default. As shown in my sig, this is in an Antec P180 case, with all of the internal case fans set to low speed. I also removed the VGA duct (doesn't seem to do anything) and I added an additional 120mm intake fan.

Can someone give me some advice? Should I worry about this temperature? If I decide to OC, will this temp cause me issues?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Those temps you are describing are normal for a setup like yours. Mine is running about the same in an Antec 3700BQE with Acoustipack.

If you are really concerned about the board temps, then carefully remove the heatpipe assembly, and apply some AS5 or some Shin Etsu. People over at Xtreme Systems have reported temp drops of up to 5-10C by doing this.

BUT, be VERY careful, some people have reported that the pins that hold the heatpipe in place are hot-glued in place and are almsot impossible to remove.

I'm going to see if I can do my board this weekend since I'm moving it to a new case and installing a Koolance EXOS Al.

I'll post results.

I know its not recommended but i wanna see how much temps rise, im getting 31-32c with my wavemaster, depending on how much my temps rise i may keep it. ;) will keep ya guys posted

AppaYipYip said:
LOL! Thats probably the worse case you could use for this motherboard. I hope you can cancel/return it.

My temps when my fan speed controller is cranked to high are chipset = 38, CPU = 39. Thats why an ambient room temp of around 68*F (dont know what that is celcius).

My load temps only go up a few degree's compared to that.

If I open a window and let some cold air in, my temps plummet to around 34*C Chipset, CPU at 36 or so under full load!

Jasonx82 said:

im dumping mine in a v2000 but it will be water cooled N/B, S/B, mosfets, cpu and ram

I got the same problem until I put a blowing air between the two PCIe cards. used a CPU fan and for now just stood it up and angled it just right. I went from 48c to 34c. 38-41 running everything on hi. I have a watercooled setup.

I found in the Asus forums several people getting Asus Probe going off complaining of high motherbaord temps.

According to the information there, anything under 74C is fine for the motherboard temp. So for now I'm not concerned about it. There's plenty of air flow in the case, though I might consider putting the video card cooler back in. I did not see a need for it, and I saw a review that didn't recommend using it, as they thought that the bulk of the thing would could actually impeed cooling, which seemed logical to me.

Everything is still running well! Knock on wood.

Antec P180 case

OK made the switch My PC temps with Asus Probe.

Coolermaster Wavemaster
CPU: 35c
MOBO: 29c

Lian Li V1200
CPU: 37c
MOBO: 39c

:eek:

Jasonx82 said:
OK made the switch My PC temps with Asus Probe.

Coolermaster Wavemaster
CPU: 35c
MOBO: 29c

Lian Li V1200
CPU: 37c
MOBO: 39c

:eek:

Well, we tried to warn you! ;)

Back