0547TPMW Opty 165 from Monarch

plywood99

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all, my overnighted opty 165 just arrived this evening from Monarch.
Have not seen this one before.
CCBWE 0547TPMW

Haven't had a lot of time to tweak it yet but here are intial findings.

Some 3d action:

Not too bad for a bottom line OEM dual core. I'm hoping to hit 3ghz benchable, but if not I'm more than satisfied with the cpu...

Looking good. I'd run SP2004 for at least 8 hours before calling it stable though :)

Yeah, I stopped them to do some forum jumping. Will start them for an overnight run at bedtime...

plywood99 said:
Yeah, I stopped them to do some forum jumping. Will start them for an overnight run at bedtime...

I got two of the exact same ones for 270 + shipping each. My motherboard can only do 294 FSB so that totally sucks. It's an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe too! What motherboard are you using?

chemist_slime said:
I got two of the exact same ones for 270 + shipping each. My motherboard can only do 294 FSB so that totally sucks. It's an Asus A8N SLI Deluxe too! What motherboard are you using?

Ultra D sli modded...

Nice! I have the same cpu as you, but I can't o/c that high for some reason.

I'm still waiting on my Ninja that's supposed to arrive later today.

My thread is somewhere on the 2nd page I think.

Whoa! I got he exact same stepping and week! Yay! 2.9GHz FTW! You think you'll be able to break 3 eventually?

0547 FTW. I got mine from the recent Monarch order though.

thunderstruck! said:
It's in his sig! Nice chip! I'll be receiving my Opteron 170 0530TPMW later today.

I doubt you'll be getting one of those unless you bought from a private source. All the retailers are out of the 0530's. I'm glad I got mine when I did.

Got my 165 from Monarch last night, did the 270 deal, ground shipping though so it took a bit, and they didnt include the case badges that were supposed to come :rolleyes:

CPU Codes: CCBWE 0547TPMW

but so far so good, running 2,475mhz on 1.45v, i have extremely shitty value ram, and i had to tweak all my memory settings to the ugliest possible to get this far :D

air cooling with a G-Power Pro thingy

CCBWE 0547TPMW from monarch as well

amazing thing is, with both cores loaded the temps are hovering around 40 degrees on the stock cooler at 2.475. My board is limited to 275 FSB but I have a feeling this is a gem.

My Monarch 0547 core failed prime @ 2.7GHz last night after 1 hour 55 minutes...but then again I was only posting 1.37v core. I am more than confident if I pump it up to 1.425 it would stabilize. That said, I am now looking for 2.8GHz. I think I can get it stable, but may require 1.5v or so...funny thing is that my 2nd core is what failed this morning, where I have read that the 1st core has more of a tendency to fail...I just installed 2 days ago...so my AS5 still has some time before it is fully settled in. I am happy with 2.7ghz stable, but 2.8 should be more than doable...

Can anyone recommend a MAX voltage on the Opty 165? I am on low end water (old school Koolance w/newest Koolance waterblock).

Rockaholic said:
Got my 165 from Monarch last night, did the 270 deal, ground shipping though so it took a bit, and they didnt include the case badges that were supposed to come :rolleyes:

CPU Codes: CCBWE 0547TPMW

but so far so good, running 2,475mhz on 1.45v, i have extremely shitty value ram, and i had to tweak all my memory settings to the ugliest possible to get this far :D

air cooling with a G-Power Pro thingy
put the memory on a divider and you can get a nice OC and keep the ram at stock speed.

for my brothers computer, dont know if i should keep it or keep my ccbwe 0529 x2 toledo core that becnches to 2.7 My board supposedly can do 355 htt what do you guys think i should do? Try the 165 on water and chance my x2, or keep the x2?

Keep the Opty. 0547 TPMW will do over 2.7 in the right hands, plus more L2 cache...

Willseyvilleny said:
for my brothers computer, dont know if i should keep it or keep my ccbwe 0529 x2 toledo core that becnches to 2.7 My board supposedly can do 355 htt what do you guys think i should do? Try the 165 on water and chance my x2, or keep the x2?

I'd say 2.7 with water is a decent expectation for the Opty. If you can, test it out first before giving it to your brother...that's what I'd do to my brother :D (he's still getting a heck of a CPU).

GOLDEN CORE I DO BELEIVE

priming at 2.7 on stock voltage

edit Core 0 failed at 45 mins upping to 1.40 then retrying, still awesome :)

i cant seem to break 2750 no matter how much voltage it gets, either core just ramndomly fails, temps are at 50 load, and i have reseated to see the same results with more AS

Willseyvilleny said:
i cant seem to break 2750 no matter how much voltage it gets, either core just ramndomly fails, temps are at 50 load, and i have reseated to see the same results with more AS

HTT too high for your board?

the user that had my board before me said they hit 350 htt with this board it is an a8n-sli deluxe with a koolance watercooling setup windows still runs with the processor up to 2900 mhz, also my max vcore on the board is 1.50

Willseyvilleny said:
the user that had my board before me said they hit 350 htt with this board it is an a8n-sli deluxe with a koolance watercooling setup windows still runs with the processor up to 2900 mhz, also my max vcore on the board is 1.50

That might be as far as it'll go with that VCore.

Got my CCBWE 0547TPMW the other day. Loving it thus far. seems to be stable atm at 2.7 @ 1.40Vcore. Still in the testing process tho.

Back