13900K - Out of Video Memory or BSOD during shader compilation in two UE5 games

Hi. I have an question. I updated to newest F6g bios from gigabyte site. No issues now. But today i was on gigabyte site and they deleted that bios. Any ideas why? If its working stable
ask them. it could be that it was a beta and they are putting up the non-beta, who knows, now that its gone we cant look at it...

Ah someone on random post in gigabyte/reddit said this:"
Every single time they are preparing an updated BIOS, they are removing the previous ones - even if there are betas or even final versions.

So don't panic, your current Bios version is not having any issues, even if it's not displayed there anymore... It's just the weird way in which Gigabyte is choosing to perform this update process on their site."

It was from 2022 some post,but i am more patient now.

So i think you re right pendragon saying this:"" they are putting up the non-beta"

Eh i installed new nvidia drivers and the same issue back. Wheas 19 during first shader compilation in Lords of the Fallen. Also crashing with out of video memory in Remnant 2 in launching. What should i do?

Edit Ok changed to PL 1 and PL 2 power limits to 253 . And Core Current Limit 307. No issues now.

But i have an question. When i am in bios. This looking like this:
Package Power Limit 1 - TDP ( WATTS )
Package Power Limit1 Time
Package Power Limit2 ( WATTS)
Package Power Limit2 Time
Platform Power Limit1 ( WATTS )
Platform Power Limit1 Time
Platform Power Limit2 ( WATTS )
DRAM POWER LIMIT 1,2
Core Current Limit ( AMPS )

So i am changing just Package Power Limit 1 - TDP (WATTS ) to 253
Package Power Limit 2 ( WATTS ) to 253
and Core Current Limit ( AMPS ) to 307

Did i change good?

Last edited:
kind of don't understand the first part of that since we're already here posting about it in the intel processor section and there's another thread in HW News? but anyway, there have been a few videos on the subject, just none from gamers nexus. like i was saying in the thread in hardware news, he's a hardcore intel fanboy and i'm sure wants to stay on intel's good side. but you never know, they may be working on something behind the scenes? hard to say. but he's HAD to have heard about this by now, it's been everywhere. even nvidia and intel have both made official statements on it but intel is suppose to be making a second official statement sometime this month, maybe he's waiting on that? we don't know. feels a little weird he's been dead silent on it this long, the story broke in February. [...] snip
Wish granted:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42-vz71hlJI

Also not sure where 'GN are Intel fanboy' comes from... the phrase 'thanks Steve' comes from them roasting Intel.

HUB weighs in on twitters:

Intel has released an official statement regarding the 13th & 14th gen recommended Intel default settings. There’s no ‘Baseline” profile for the K-SKU parts. There's an “Extreme” 253W PL1/PL2 profile and a “Performance” PL1 125W/PL2 253W profile. The Extreme profile is what we just tested, the performance profile could be much slower, depending on the workload.Now Intel says depending on the motherboard’s capabilities, either of these profiles is recommended, or enabled by default. So how do you know if you have a ‘Performance’ or ‘Extreme’ motherboard?Furthermore, there’s no motherboard certification program for this, all LGA1700 boards still claim support for the 14900K as an example, but some are hard locked to a 95W limit (can only sustain around 65w), and therefore can’t even run the “Performance” profile.Of course, this has all been kept vague to Intel’s advantage. Have a $700 motherboard that can’t run your 14900K stable? That’s because you’re using the extreme profile, you’ll need to drop those heavy workloads down to 125w with the performance profile for around a 20% performance decrease.

https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1788346094646448184

Before changing power limits ( AUTO ) my clock was 5700mhz. Now after changing power limits is balancing in game between 5270-5370mhz in game. Is this normal?

Last edited:
And yeah i know, i am a noob : ) D. Never was touching bios settings.

So what are differences between P1 Auto P2 Auto and P1 253 P2 253 ? ( core limit is 400A ). And cpu clock is 5677mhz

Last edited:
Back