2 types of memory causing crashes?

tunaman

2[H]4U
I am having problems with my computer crashing whenever I am playing Desert Combat. I am thinking it is either CPU temps (max 60C @ 100%), video card temps, or a memory problem so I am trying to eliminate them one by one. Currently I have 1 stick of Corsair XMS PC3200 512, I also have one stick of Kingston HyperX PC4000 512 and they are both plugged into an Abit NF7-S mobo in the proper configuration for dual channel. Could having 2 types of memory like this cause my computer to crash in high load situations such as playing video games?

tunaman said:
I am having problems with my computer crashing whenever I am playing Desert Combat. I am thinking it is either CPU temps (max 60C @ 100%), video card temps, or a memory problem so I am trying to eliminate them one by one. Currently I have 1 stick of Corsair XMS PC3200 512, I also have one stick of Kingston HyperX PC4000 512 and they are both plugged into an Abit NF7-S mobo in the proper configuration for dual channel. Could having 2 types of memory like this cause my computer to crash in high load situations such as playing video games?

Try to manually configure you cas timing in your bios like 3-4-4-8 then run memtest86 V.1.11 see if it gets errors....reason why you're getting errors coz both ram have different timings and defaults Voltages.....you have to set them comfortably to work together with same volts and timings so it wont error out on you while you're playing games.........

just my $0.02

also if memtest shows no problems you can pull out one stick to see if DC crashes. try both sticks independantly and see if ram is the issue.

Back