$720 SAMSUNG 43" Odyssey Neo G7 Series 4K UHD 144 Hz

Careful this is the 600 HDR version with the slower response times for gaming when compared to the QN90C series from Samsung which does 1400HDR and better performance with faster motion response time. The QN90 series is the high end version of this monitor.

Reactions: uOpt
like this
I've kind of been wanting to try out these 43" 'monitors' just to empirically test it out for day to day use... but either way I definitely would not do it without a curved one.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I've kind of been wanting to try out these 43" 'monitors' just to empirically test it out for day to day use... but either way I definitely would not do it without a curved one.
Yeah, I had a 43" curved Samsung TV (forgot the model) I used back in 2017 as a monitor and for the most part I loved it, esp. for productivity as I was going through school since you have essentially 4x 1080p monitors when you snap 4 apps into the corners. But after I graduated, I moved to a 34" ultrawide for 120hz and G-sync (neither of which the TV had of course) and while great for games, I sometimes miss that screen real estate esp. while working from home on occasion.

I'm kinda holding out for a ~43" OLED monitor now, I think. The LG TVs are close, but I want a proper monitor with Displayport, standby support, standardized OSD settings/controls, and ideally some kind of KVM support like the Asus Aurous have. And I like OLED so I can run a 21:9 resolution on the bottom half of the display if I want an ultrawide aspect ratio without the obvious backlight glow on the dark portion of the screen, so in the dark it's no different than running an ultrawide monitor.

I would advise to stay away from this monitor now that better options are available. A few years ago yes because it was one of the first large screen 144hz displays, but now? No way lol

Keep in mind that the 144Hz version is NOT curved (the 165 and 240Hz are).

I'm using an AOC 34" curved monitor and I could not imagine using a flat 43" monitor daily, my neck would kill.

Current price is $549

1700248620846.png

Wow it's probably selling poorly since the QN90C is superior is every way in comparison.
I wonder what the 43 QN90C is selling for now...

Back