Asus X670E Hero 1904 BIOS

Anyone update to new BIOS? Any news on it...good, bad, stay away? I read to stay away from 1807 because it was unstable for many (assume that's the reason for 1904) and that 1709 was pretty good. I am still on what I believe is the original or 2nd BIOS (0805) and considering updating to the new BIOS. I know I will have to update if/when I decided to move my 7800X 3D CPU over to this computer.

Thanks...Al

You can always update to one of the in-between versions that easily support the 7800x3d. Most of the latest ones are probably more geared to supporting the 8000 series chips.

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing but after reading what is was for, but they always put that one bullet there about improved system stability that makes you think about it. Which version do you suggest that most had success with?

Someone else will have to chime in about this particular board, I don't currently own one. But I agree they typically put that nebulous "improved system stability" line on there, it would be nice if they put a bit more clarity in there like they sometimes do.

I’ve updated to it on the ProArt board. Haven’t ran it long enough or done enough yet to give you good feedback though.

I updated to 1907, have no problems so far, maybe it boots faster, but I don't really see a difference from 1807 or 1709, both of those have been very stable for me, that is with a 7800x3d

Thanks for the feedback. I updated to 1904. I ran/running some Cinebench tests (stock and Ai Oc) and EXPOII and all is good so far.

Question. I noticed when I booted the system after I loaded the new firmware, it gave several messages that it was updating other things, such as Thunderbolt and some other stuff I don't recall. I just know it took some time for it to finish and boot into BIOS because of these other updates. Is this normal? I don't recall seeing this in the past.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I updated to 1904. I ran/running some Cinebench tests (stock and Ai Oc) and EXPOII and all is good so far.

Question. I noticed when I booted the system after I loaded the new firmware, it gave several messages that it was updating other things, such as Thunderbolt and some other stuff I don't recall. I just know it took some time for it to finish and boot into BIOS because of these other updates. Is this normal? I don't recall seeing this in the past.

I've seen that happen with some BIOS updates on my Crosshair VI, VII and Strix x670e-A boards. Usually the extra upgrades on mine have been for the integrated RGB controller on the mainboard.

Yeah, I did see something about the LEDs during the updates but it was for the EK water blocks and the MB.

Thanks. I was just curious.

Yeah, I did see something about the LEDs during the updates but it was for the EK water blocks and the MB.

Thanks. I was just curious.
I've been very (too) busy for over a year now. (TL DR. :nailbiting: ) I'm still on 0805, which came with my Strix E-A board, but I think it's past time that I upgraded. What is the latest BIOS that is reasonably stable and issue-free. Whatever you might say about 0805, it has been rock solid, with no BSODs in probably two years now.

Last edited:
Updated an X670E ProArt to 1904 last night...I stay on the cutting edge, usually. Been slacking.

I've been very (too) busy for over a year now. (TL DR. :nailbiting: ) I'm still on 0805, which came with my Strix E-A board, but I think it's past time that I upgraded. What is the latest BIOS that is reasonably stable and issue-free. Whatever you might say about 0805, it has been rock solid, with no BSODs in probably two years now.
I agree about 0805 being rock solid but I knew it was time for an upgrade. I updated to 1904 which came out at the end of January. I've had no issues since the update. I reset all OC settings (CPU/RAM) from 0805 and ran many Cinebench stress and stability tests and it's been good. I really like the BIOS flashback option.

I upgraded my Asus Strix x670e-A Gaming WiFi to 1904 last night and have had no trouble... but then I've really not had ANY trouble with my 7950X on this board under any BIOS release.

That being said - if you guys are unaware, AMD has some newer chipset drivers on their website as well (January 31, 2024 release)

I upgraded my Asus Strix x670e-A Gaming WiFi to 1904 last night and have had no trouble... but then I've really not had ANY trouble with my 7950X on this board under any BIOS release.

That being said - if you guys are unaware, AMD has some newer chipset drivers on their website as well (January 31, 2024 release)
Great find. Asus doesn't have this listed. I just did the update. I am now all up to date.

Last edited:
Back