dual channel

maXXspeed

n00b
how do i check and see if my system memory is running in dual channel.
i am using a stick of 512 and 256 (2700ddr).
my system specs are posted.

thanks
maXX

if im not wrong they have to be same to run in dual channel mode. which from what ive seen only gives about a 4% boost, if anything.

If they are running in Dual Channel, i think it will say when the computer boots up. I've got a Soltek 75LFRN2-L mobo, and have 2 sticks of PC2700 ram running in dual channel (they are both 256). When the computer boots up, it tells me Dual Channel Activated at 166 MHZ, it is probably a little bit different for other motherboards though.
And the RAM doesn't have to be exactly the same to run in dual channel mode, I've seen it work on 2 sticks of different PC2100 ram, but they were both still 256, I am unaware about it working with two different size sticks.

I have two comps running dual Albatron and Intel, and they both say on boot up or bios that it detects dual mode.

Also, I don't think you can run dual mode with 512 and 256. My understanding is that they both have to be the same form factor (ie 8x32).

Refer to "THE Memory FAQ" for more specific info. That's a great source of information. Also, read through your motherboard manual. ;)

thank you for taking time to reply.
ill check system startup screens and bios.

thanks again
maXX

Back