How to dial er' in : AMD A8 7410 : Disabling AMD APM, How To?

chris89

Weaksauce
How to dial er' in : AMD A8 7410 : Disabling AMD APM, How To?

Is there any way to disable this in the registry or with another program? I wanna lock it down to 2.5Ghz all core because under load it goes to 2.2Ghz all core and is reducing max potential of gaming and heavy workloads.

By the way it took a lot of tweaking to get it to 2.2ghz all core load because by stock it was going to like 1397mhz all core load.

Thanks

sshot-050.jpg
sshot-051.jpg

"Reducing max gaming and heavy workloads"

The A8 7410 is a 2C/4T entry level subnotebook CPU based on Faildozer, it will never do either of those things well.

TB is based on if the CPU has an extra power budget and thermal headroom to boost over its base clock. It's also time limited as well. Even if you can somehow unlock the configurable TDP to 25W max, you aren't going to get infinite turbo duration, unless there's an option in the UEFI to allow it. Since it's a laptop, that's very unlikely. It already looks like you may have unlocked the max TDP if you can get it to hold the base clock under heavy loads. You probably want to check the core temp, because I'm going to guess it's in the stratosphere. Laptops with those CPUs aren't known to have great cooling.

If you want more performance, I'd suggest upgrading everything. If you're on a tight budget, there's plenty of old hardware to be had in the FSFT section that's orders of magnitude faster. Even an i5-3570 from a decade ago is 160% faster than your CPU.

Back