Humble Bundle Choice membership - 1 year for $99

Burticus

Supreme [H]ardness
https://promo.humblebundle.com/?hmb...ice_99dollarsfor1year_promo&hmb_medium=banner

This used to be called the Humble Monthly Bundle.... basically for 8 bucks a month you get to select from a bunch of games to keep and redeem of Steam. The selection can be a little hit or miss, but it's a ton of games for $8 a month (normally $13 a month). The games are yours forever after you select them, even if you cancel or choose not to renew the subscription (unlike PS+, FU Sony!)

Deal good until 12/31, I will be picking up as soon as my gaming allowance gets back to $100.

It also gives you a store discount based on the number of months you're subscribed, starting with 10% off.

A good thread with a good deal! I should mention that some long standing members may remember I used to do reviews of every month's titles back when it was called Monthly; maybe I should start back up again?

Since changing to Choice, they've made some changes (ie for awhile they allowed free access to the Trove of direct download games and other small extra indies, but it would later require a Client but expanded it to many Humble published games including bigger titles like Signalis and Prodeus; a great way to play them if you could go without the Steam key. Now, they're sunsetting that client and moving on, I'll have tocheck exactly how), but overall I still think that its generally worth the $12-15/month it used to cost and now this deal makes it even better. I'll have to check if I can change mine over while retaining "legacy/classic" status - anyone who was a subscriber when it was Monthly at the Choice transition got a discount and some other bonuses including the price per month so I just want to make sure that it doesn't upend that.

One of the bigger benefits is the store discount mentioned above - it starts at $10% and basically increases up to 20% once you've subscribed for a year. Now, I cannot confirm if this is the case now but it used to be that if you bought a multi-month plan like this promo, it should immediately shoot up your discount ; buy a year, get to 20% etc. These discounts STACK with most individual game sales in Humble Store, which can lead tosome of the largest discounts possible on any "legit" keysellers; note that if you're tracking with IsThere Any Deal or the like,it does not take your Choice discount into account by default, so just keep that in mind. Lots of newly released games that have a 10% or 20% discount on Humble store directly, will for you list a 28% or 36% discount when your Choice bonus is added, for instance; mouseover to see the breakdown.

Don't forget that to sign up for this promo, you need to use the HOLIDAY23 coupon code as you check out for your year of Choice!

I will say Humble isn't what it used to be. I skip most months these days because the games are usually not good (except the most recent month). The deal is potentially good but a bit of a gamble.

I just tried to do this deal, but it shot back

"Only one Humble Choice membership per account. As an active member, you can only purchase a gift plan for another account."

Not sure if I can buy myself a gift plan and redeem it myself.... or I guess I just need to cancel in a couple weeks and buy the new one. It does say to do it before the last Tuesday of the month to avoid the next month's charge.

Kind of a hassle, but I'll just put a sticky note on my calendar to cancel and rebuy later this month.

A bit of a scam. Many people already have most of the good games that appear on these lists.
You save a lot more money by just doing the monthly rate, starting on a month that has multiple games you want, then pausing if the games suck when the next month comes. You don't get charged again until close to the end of the NEW month if you choose not to select any games, and if you then pause, you will get a discount later if you choose to resume. You just have to remember to manually pause each month.

A lot cheaper that way. I've been paused for half a year since none of the games recently interest me, and next resume is only $8.00 if any good games appear.

Overall for me Choice has been good, but only if you are the type to wait for game releases most of the time. If you are the type that buys games you are interested in immediately then Choice won't be nearly as good especially the yearly plan. The 20% discount is only after 3 consecutive months of getting the monthly games, if you pause you go right back to the beginning of 10% and have to get it to climb back up to 20%. It use to be that with the yearly plan once you hit 20% pausing didn't reset the discount but that changed last year or two years ago. But since I don't buy my games on Humble store most of the time since discounts at sites like GMG are higher for preorders, the 20% discount never gets used. Yeah the 20% can stack during sales, but it usually doesn't for preorders, and some titles that I thought about buying during a sale didn't work, since as it is noted by the * some exclusions apply. I am probably going to stop with the yearly plan after my current one ends. There is no advantage other than cost in the yearly plan. I think the longest I was paused over my 6 years on the plan was like 5 months straight and a few 1 month skips over the years. I have also had a several months of I didn't own any of the games, but one or two seem good, picked it up and didn't care for them in the end and felt like a waste of a month. So really Choice is a YMMV kind of deal. One other kind of disadvantage of having Choice is if you are anything like me, you will delay/second guess purchases on sale on the off chance that it might show up next month on Choice. I have been on both sides of that where I won the bet and the game would show up there after a sale I almost bought it, and where I lost the bet because I did buy the game and it showed up on the next Choice bundle.

Back