infinite loop no windows 11 pro

I’ve never used a test bench but I agree I may not have first thought of the riser if it was supplied with the case. But it would have been on my short list of things. I think OP could trouble shoot in the future and is probably learning from all this. I’ve not had good luck with riser cables.

I have had good luck with rigid pcie riser adapters like you see in the Fractal Ridge. The Terra also has a very high quality ribbon riser but even fractal has done a recall to both of those in the past.
Yeah it's just one of those things you don't consider immediately, like the power button someone mentioned earlier in the thread. Working with risers myself now I definitely test them, a simple mistake is having PCI-e gen 4 when the riser only is gen 3 and thus no display working until you change it in the bios.

Yeah it's just one of those things you don't consider immediately, like the power button someone mentioned earlier in the thread. Working with risers myself now I definitely test them, a simple mistake is having PCI-e gen 4 when the riser only is gen 3 and thus no display working until you change it in the bios.
This happens often and many people think it will auto switch. Some boards do, some do not.

Well, the PC is fixed. He mentioned something about three settings in the bio he needed to change and mouse settings but he forgot to email me what he changed. I guess he thought he did so I’m inquiring about that.

Cut and pasted some of his reply

when using DP ports windows 11 was putting some apps on a different phantom monitor, even though I onky ran a single monitor. It was weird because the same apps would do it every time, but others wouldn't.

The solution was to create a secondary monitor and the switch back to a single monitor and it has been working.

The second thing is with the USB ports and wireless mice. Now this was hard to track down, because the mouse lag was happening with wired mice too until I changed those settings I told you about, but apparently if you have anything plugged into the usb ports then the wireless dongle will skip and fritz out.

You might not like this solution but it's working flawless...I simply plugged in a usb 3.0 extension and plugged the dongle into that and it works amazing. Aparantly this is more and more common with usb 3.1 ports especially with mi's matched frequency devices, and some boards are worse st shielding than others. Since your case is open and not in a emi cage it's even worse.

Back