Native res and 2001fp?

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
What is the pic quality like when you run games at 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024 on the 2001fp? Isnt the native res 1600x1200?

Originally posted by Tekara
looks really good to me. even the bios at 320x240 comes out pretty nice looking on the screen. I also use mine for TV and xbox, both are a lot nicer looking than my actual TV :p. I've played a few other games at 10x7 and they seemed pretty good as well.

hmm...thanx!

Native resolution is best, but I checked other resolutions and was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Its nowhere near as as bad as some have described, but again thats my opinion its purely subjective like CRT vs LCD. I always run at 1600x1200 but bump up font size so my old eyes are not strained too much. In games you really need a GFX card with some nuts to play at that resolution and have all eye candy turned on.

I love my 2001fp
:D

ya, it scales perfect, when i tried it at some lower reses in Call of Duty it did it perfectly, it just seems a little rough on the text, kinda like the text is aliasing a little bit, but it's not an issue at all, it looked just like 1600 x 1200 :D

Yeah, good for me too - I started playing in 1600x1200 just because I could now, but when I scaled them down they looked great. No issues with the text like some people have noticed (in other threads as well), but oh well. The monitor also offers a couple of other options for lower res apps/games: stretching 1:1 and scaling. So, pick the best.

Back