Need: 2 short Cat5/5e/6 Crossover cables (3 feet)

those systems would need 2 nics each and you'd certainly need admin level access to them to be able to setup ICS.

why 2 nics each? I think 2 computers are unable to access wifi and theyre goin to be connected to the ones next to them which are wireless-able.

pinktank said:
why 2 nics each? I think 2 computers are unable to access wifi and theyre goin to be connected to the ones next to them which are wireless-able.

the ones sharing the internet connections will certainly need two nics. One for incoming traffic and one for sharing outgoing traffic.

dekard said:
the ones sharing the internet connections will certainly need two nics. One for incoming traffic and one for sharing outgoing traffic.

token ring FTW!

dekard said:
Every computer in there has two NICs: one wireless, and one wired. I just want to piggyback the broken ones off the wired connections next to them. Rights aren't a problem, I'm an admin in that lab.

I hated setting up labs with wireless. Nothing like 20 to 30 pcs sharing one or two access points...I'll look around and see if I have any crossover cables laying around.

Back