now i remember why I liked dual procs

kronchev

[H]F Junkie
I traded my Gigabyte board and dual 1700+'s for a single barton and A7N8X and an extra 512 of RAM...until that comes (i am going to murder whoever at UPS thought 7 day delivery time for something that takes the postoffice 3 was a good idea...) I'm stuck on this 800 mhz duron with 1 gig...i dont know if its the 800 mhz, or the single procs, but I was just burning a CD and trying to post, and it was a SLIDESHOW. I hope this doesnt happen with the soon-to-be-massivly-OCed barton..

Tisk tisk kronchev... you had finally seen the light and you decided to go back :(

It is in emergency situations when you’re forced to dust off those single CPU rigs from DC duties and being dragged kicking and screaming back into day-to-day functions. Oh man, oh man, oh man!! It just gives pain a completely new definition. :(

well I got the new board, and its just been a bastard. I'm having problems installing my games, it gives READ errors, whats up with that? That might be my problem and not the boards, but still. blah.

kronchev:

Just saw your thread over in the Data Storage section... Have you try swapping out the data cable(s)?

Well,
Once in awhile I bring out one of my single cpu rigs, notably my old Asus P5A, so that I can go to unsavory places. This I would never, ever do with my baby! Anyway, I equate the P5A with the "Road Warrior" because it is invincible junk. Other than that worthy use, single cpu rigs are...

...well...you know. ;)

Back