Samsung S90D 48" / 42"

imsirovic5

Limp Gawd
Just announced at CES 2024, Samsung S90D model will come in lower sizes including 48" and 42". At this point it appears there is ton of uncertainty whether these smaller sizes will feature QD OLED or regular OLED (W-OLED) displays. If they do feature gen 3 QD OLED - these may be so much more superior to LG 42"/48" models in terms of both brightness (up to 3000 nits) and color saturation. Not sure if anyone has seen more info?

Last edited:
We'll see about that. Samsung advertised 2000 nits with the S95C using the gen 2 panel and it barely hits 1200 in a 10% window.
Good point, as this is a theoretical limit for the panel while real world figures are usually much lower as you pointed. In any event, they did state 20% increase over gen 2 - so I would add 20% to your figure to get a more realistic brightness. Other than brightness, I am even more excited about the improvement in color. I think I decided I would get this to replace my LG CX 48" but in 55" format (as it does not look like anything smaller will be available). Will just mount it to the wall, and if need be move my desk further away until I am happy with the distance. Has a potential to be a really cool panel.

Back