Service Pack 2

3l3m3nt

Limp Gawd
I have service pack 1 installed but i'm just wondering if i should try to get service pack 2?

Also if you format and install windows xp pro will you have to install service pack 1 then service pack 2 or just service pack 2?

Thanks

Just a warning, WXPSP2 is available as a leak on the interweb illegally. It is just being shipped out to the Beta testers now, so it's basically a good Alpha at this point and sure as hell isn't for general use. We have already had some brainsturgeons to ask for help because it hosed their system and all you can do is reformat/reinstall OS, so be warned. It will be released sometime around June, just be patient....from what I have read it will be worth the wait.

Wha?? I could have sworn I read an article a couple weeks ago that said it was being released early and that about a week ago it had been released. After reading the "features" I didn't bother to investigate it much more though.

There was something to the extent that they were going to release a different version earlier, but with the projected delay of 'Longhorn' to 2006, the patches and updates were basically changed to a major overhaul of XP to make sure the security issues were addressed and some new features added. It will be much like the SE addition to 98....kinda like an XPSE edition. The Beta download was reported to be 220 megs:eek: :p

Damn, that reminds me of the Windows 2000 Server SP1. Even that was only ~ 135mb. As big a "jump" technology has been for operating systems and security in the past few years, it just doesn't feel like much is being done. Maybe its just me... and possibly just being ignorant to how these things work. We're still using the origional BIOS, hardware hasn't had a BIG change. Operating systems just dont work close enough with the hardware. We need to get the OS off the damn hard drive and onto a separate chip closer to the bus.

</rant>

Eventually we'll get there... with M$ wipping us along the way :p

Back