Sound Off: NOVA / DC area

Status
Not open for further replies.

KodiakStar

/'s by 0
I'm just checking to see who is out there in my neck of the woods.

I'm needing to clean out some computer parts and will be free to folders.

I'll have to look into what I have tonight, but seeing who is in the area if its worth it,
if not... its all going to the dump.

MooseEdit: Let's see the badge....rules are rules. :)

I'm not in the area, but do you have any DDR ram? Any speed works. I got a couple folders here that could use 256mb. Not really in the financial situation to pay anything over and above the cost of shipping. lmk. If not, good luck in finding homes for the boxes.

yo K*, where exactly are you? Im in Annapolis, about 30 min up Rt. 50...

KodiakStar said:
I'm in the Arlington area right now, but work in DC

oh ok, not too bad. i'm interested if you can get a general list of what you got. i can use just about anything, or else i'd be more specific :(

I'll take a look tonight and put together a list and some pictures.

I know i have a couple p3 733mhz 370pin cpu's

one slot 1 mb w/ 500mhz cpu (not sure if its fully functional)

few generic psu's

quite a few cables

socket a mb

dual 370 pin mb that requires ecc ram and a volt-mod chip

dual 370 pin mb that currently has 2x 200mhz chips in i played with a little

KodiakStar said:
I'll take a look tonight and put together a list and some pictures.

I know i have a couple p3 733mhz 370pin cpu's

one slot 1 mb w/ 500mhz cpu (not sure if its fully functional)

few generic psu's

quite a few cables

socket a mb

dual 370 pin mb that requires ecc ram and a volt-mod chip

dual 370 pin mb that currently has 2x 200mhz chips in i played with a little

oooo, interested in socket A mobo -> do you know what type?

Was an ASUS i believe, older model.

I got it from someone else here at the [H], he had mentioned it had troubles doing anything oc'ing...

but it worked fine stock, when i get home i'll get the rest of the details

MooseEdit: Please look up. :)

I have some slot 1 cpus as well in the MD area as well as some ECC SDRAM if anyones interested. Hell, I have a dual slot 1 compaq proliant 800 with 2 9.1 gig SCSI drives sitting here if anyone wants it as well.

Moose- we should have a talk before too many more team mates get alienated.

Since I did not post this thread in the DC FS/FT i didn't feel at the time i needed to put my badge in. Once moved, since items are being given away free and not being sold, there was no point in posting a badge :rolleyes: (just like a half dozen or so other "free" threads in this forum)

But thanks to marty for taking the time to look it up for me, he is a *

Anyways... Parts breakdown:

MB model number: 06P6124 OR 06p4130 (IBM)
System service parts - IBM eServer xSeries 220 (Type 8645)
(dual p3 370 socket mb)
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docvie...GR-4PQF8N&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en#23

Socket A, appears to be FIC model AZ11
http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/document.aspx?model_id=2

dual p3 370 abit bp6 (with 2x 200mhz cpu's)
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=109

slot 1 intel mb e139761with slot 1 p3 500mhz cpu, i'll throw in the psu in case it doesnt work without it

I'm in Laurel. But you knew that already ;) I'm set for parts right now, though, but thanks for asking.

Here's a big pic of that xSeries board from someone's eBay auction, BTW.

unhappy_mage said:
I'm in Laurel. But you knew that already ;) I'm set for parts right now, though, but thanks for asking.

Here's a big pic of that xSeries board from someone's eBay auction, BTW.

oh back in laurel now? i still have that mobo that needs cappin.. :)

Glen Burnie, MD btw..

Yep, back from college again. Are you still getting into this area, or is that whole deal expired? PM me or email or something.

K*, do those IBM boards fit in a standard-shaped ATX case? Do you have VRMs for them? I may be getting one of these :)D) but if not then I might need to find another duallie with more pci-x slots. My current one works fine but only has one slot, and I just won one of these :)D) and need at least two pci-x slots. The ATX spec seems to match all of the holes except one, between the VRM and the memory slots, so I imagine it does fit, but I'd like to hear from the horse's mouth. Metaphorically speaking. Don't go renting a horse.

You would really need a full sized tower I think, without the bottomost drive bays.

The MB is a pretty big mother ;)

I have to mess with some other comptuer stuff today, so i'll see what it can and cannot fit into.

Yea that case should work, its pretty tight in a mid tower, didn't get around to taking pictures, most of them there was something in the case that kept getting in the way

Kodiak I would be interested in that BP6. I also live in NOVA and work in DC :) and man has it been hot out lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back