TurboTax 2023 sale in Amazon (12/27 only)

pututu

[H]ard DC'er of the Year 2021
One day TurboTax 2023 sale only in Amazon if you are a fan of it. Otherwise there are free filing available for simple straight forward returns for federal and some states.

$45 for Deluxe & State (includes Amazon $10 gift card). Net is $35 for software for me since I use Amazon quite frequently, so no big deal with the gift card.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...e87dbf6f2c7d713a00INT&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just ordered mine, same version I use yearly too... I click on my "old" version from orders, it prompts to get the "new" version.... shows the same discount shown here... win/win... 36% off. Thank you for the find!

ehh I can wait, don't need state tax version. usually something pops up for $20ish

Good deal, but I switched to H&R Block's software years ago when TurboTax pulled that BS with their pricing and also had installation/crashing issues on top of it. Wasn't happy about having to switch after using them for many, many years. However I found H&R to be nicer software.

I've been using FreeTaxUSA for several years now, works great and you can purchase their "Deluxe" version for only $7.

Good deal, but I switched to H&R Block's software years ago when TurboTax pulled that BS with their pricing and also had installation/crashing issues on top of it. Wasn't happy about having to switch after using them for many, many years. However I found H&R to be nicer software.
I'm the opposite though. I started off with H&R Block and then switch to TurboTax as I find the guidance in the software much easier to follow but TurboTax is slightly more expensive for the comparable version (e.g. Deluxe version). Anyway, these two are quite popular tax software and it boils down to personal experience.

I've been using FreeTaxUSA for several years now, works great and you can purchase their "Deluxe" version for only $7.
I may give this a try. Does FreeTaxUSA Deluxe or higher version allow importing detail transaction (e.g. creating IRS 8949 form/worksheet) from brokerage companies other than manually entering the summary long term gain, short term gain, etc?

Edit: The $10 gift card got shipped out very early this morning and should get it delivered later today according to the tracking. Will see.
Edit2: Gift card delivered.

Last edited:
I may give this a try. Does FreeTaxUSA Deluxe or higher version allow importing detail transaction (e.g. creating IRS 8949 form/worksheet) from brokerage companies other than manually entering the summary long term gain, short term gain, etc?

I couldn't say, haven't needed to do this. But the Free version has full functionality, the Deluxe just gives you access to live chat assistance and stuff, not additional forms.

Back