UPS for my Pc build with PSU 1500w and Rtx 4090

I'm also looking for a good UPS, one with these features:

- Pure sine wave
- min. 8 outlets
- Quiet/silent operation
- No toxic plastic chemical smell (if you read Amazon reviews, many models have horrible smells)
go with whats already been suggested or start a thread of your own...

Switch mode power supplies natively don't "mind" alleged "stepped approximation to sinewave" but there are other components (ex. hash filters) that produce more heat and will noticeably hum louder when running on such units. The extra heat is just wasted power and runtimes drop as a result. Reactive loads, motors, especially magnetic drive pumps used in aquariums absolutely need sine wave output.

If you need something more mission critical check out Powergrid systems.

http://www.powergridm.com/ruggedized-rackmount-military-uninterruptible-power-supply-ups/

Last thing. I'm from Italy , There's some UPS product for europeans? I think that an UPS from USA will kill my wallet with taxes (especially If im gonna buy an 1000€+ UPS )

Last thing. I'm from Italy , There's some UPS product for europeans? I think that an UPS from USA will kill my wallet with taxes (especially If im gonna buy an 1000€+ UPS )
You don't need a $1000 UPS, and yes, European shops have UPS of their own you can buy locally :).

What do you mean by 'pure' sine wave or better question what do you need pure sine wave for? beware bad marketing that makes you think you need it. 8 outlets of what, battery and surge, or 8 total with some only surge? quiet/silent, ok, but what are the power requirements? That matters more than the previous and really determines how quiet it is. Smell - Amazon reviews are trash, don't trust those for any reason whatsoever.

Figure that out and then buy whatever meets your metrics at the lowest price from APC, CyberPower, Eaton/Tripp Lite. I've used all of em. Price first, ability to replace the battery second in my book. A UPS is a disposable investment, it doesn't and shouldn't be used forever, same as your power strips in your house.

A pure sine wave UPS isn't a necessity, but it does provide a cleaner and smoother electrical signal identical to the shape of the signal that comes from the wall (power company). A modified or squarish sine wave signal can cause issues with sensitive electrical equipment. UPS models with a pure sine wave are usually a bit more expensive. I fail to see how a UPS is a "disposable investment" if the batteries are replaceable.

There are numerous reviews for many UPS models complaining about toxic plastic chemical smells. For the CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD for example, there are over 20 such complaints. Complaints about bad smells from UPS units are not only on Amazon, but on Reddit, Quora, GameFAQs, Guru3D forums, Overclock.net, Tom's Hardware, etc. To dismiss these as mere "trash" is silly. What is the basis for your dismissal? Do you know for a fact that all these people are lying?

No , im totally noob With UPS. I Just want to buy It , then to be safe and so, Happy
I am not sure if does much if anything for your hardware safety versus high quality surge protector, a lighting will still go over an ups as they do for those, breaker and them achieve their mission of avoiding burning house wiring and starting fires quite well but protecting electronic that can have instant consequence of high voltage not just extreme heat, nothing really protect a computer from lighting once it reach them.

If the goal is feeling safer and you feel than an UPS will, can be worth it, but I thought UPS vs protective bar was about data integrity (when you have really important one) more than hardware integrity, I guess in some case they go hand in hand like firmware udpate, UPS is always nice to have during bios update, GPU firmware change and so on.

Do you have really important data sitting in ram ?

Maybe what you want if you want hardware safety is a simple, very well overbuilt surge protector:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...it's extremely,laptops are now well protected!

or something more reasonable:
https://assets.tripplite.com/product-pdfs/en/tlp1208teltv.pdf

It is super big, super beavy, super expensive (way less than a big UPS too), so to give the impression of safety it could do a good work. Like all expensive Hi-fi electronic stuff, does it do anything more than a nice $18 surge protector that actually relevant, who knows...

Maybe someone in this board would know if there is any actual protective of your hardware advantage over the regular simple surgeprotector, google does not seem too know much but seem to point to the no answer.

Last edited:
At the end i have bought an new APC BR1600si for 640€ from germany. In europe here we don't have the model BX1500M , so the only choice it's to buying from USA, and it's in total 400€.
I thought the 960w and the pure
sine wave justify the extra 240€, i hope.

I am not sure if does much if anything for your hardware safety versus high quality surge protector, a lighting will still go over an ups as they do for those, breaker and them achieve their mission of avoiding burning house wiring and starting fires quite well but protecting electronic that can have instant consequence of high voltage not just extreme heat, nothing really protect a computer from lighting once it reach them.

If the goal is feeling safer and you feel than an UPS will, can be worth it, but I thought UPS vs protective bar was about data integrity (when you have really important one) more than hardware integrity, I guess in some case they go hand in hand like firmware udpate, UPS is always nice to have during bios update, GPU firmware change and so on.

Do you have really important data sitting in ram ?

Maybe what you want if you want hardware safety is a simple, very well overbuilt surge protector:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PST8--furman-pst-8-power-station/reviews#:~:text=Great protection for expensive gear&text=With that said, it's extremely,laptops are now well protected!

or something more reasonable:
https://assets.tripplite.com/product-pdfs/en/tlp1208teltv.pdf

It is super big, super beavy, super expensive (way less than a big UPS too), so to give the impression of safety it could do a good work. Like all expensive Hi-fi electronic stuff, does it do anything more than a nice $18 surge protector that actually relevant, who knows...

Maybe someone in this board would know if there is any actual protective of your hardware advantage over the regular simple surgeprotector, google does not seem too know much but seem to point to the no answer.
Lightning will never reach anything in your house through your wiring as directed through the mains demarc. Proper grounding of the panel per code ensures this. The flashover voltage is 6.6kV. However, in the event this happens, your loads WILL be exposed to this energy. That is what surge protection is for. Simple MOV usually doesn't provide enough energy (measured in Joules) to afford adequate protection. Also be aware that your PSU itself has spike protection.

So why does lightning still damage equipment even when your panel is in good condition and properly bonded AND you have strong protection? Secondary paths. Remember, your PC is connected to a variety of peripherals using conductive connections. Particularly with ethernet cabling. Lightning often strikes far from power lines but can put lots of energy in other places whether its structural supports, sanitary drains, potable water lines, you name it! Side flashes to data cabling and power cabling are common in very close, large positive cloud to ground strikes and this will damage/destroy sensitive equipment instantly. It can also shock people too. This is why in a severe storm it's not uncommon to hear a popping sound in your home accompanied by loud, home shaking thunder simultaneously. The sound is from excessive electrical energy arcing somewhere that is of lower energy (grounded pipe, etc.). In severe cases, the building lines including grounds and neutrals can momentarily have enough voltage to cause damage to components. This extreme case usually happens if the home experiences a direct strike. And short of spending a LOT of money on fortification, there's no way to stop/prevent it short of unplugging from the wall completely.

Back