Battlefield 2042

Just played a MP match and quickly reminded why I only play solo now with no custom clan servers. one and only one player went 150 kills when everyone else averaged 20-25. Oddly enough he always seemed to snap to you. Couldn't figure out how to report, but from reading online it doesn't do anything anyway.

Just played a MP match and quickly reminded why I only play solo now with no custom clan servers. one and only one player went 150 kills when everyone else averaged 20-25. Oddly enough he always seemed to snap to you. Couldn't figure out how to report, but from reading online it doesn't do anything anyway.
I end up just ignoring these guys when they pop up, like a glitch in the game. So long as they are going for kills and not objectives they don't really affect my game

Not realy specific to this game or publisher, but i wonder if people don't expect a bit too much from reporting cheaters, like "oh noes I reported hilm like 35 secs ago and he is still playing, they don't do anything against cheaters" a lot of companies collect data over a period of time and then ban in large numbers iso 1by 1 and giving the cheat makers a heads up to start changing things.

I end up just ignoring these guys when they pop up, like a glitch in the game. So long as they are going for kills and not objectives they don't really affect my game

In this case it was infantry Rush so we got trampled since he would pretty much solo wipe out everyone around a point.

Not realy specific to this game or publisher, but i wonder if people don't expect a bit too much from reporting cheaters, like "oh noes I reported hilm like 35 secs ago and he is still playing, they don't do anything against cheaters" a lot of companies collect data over a period of time and then ban in large numbers iso 1by 1 and giving the cheat makers a heads up to start changing things.

The issue is more that EA tells you they will send you a follow up of the result of the report. More often than not, the EA report comes back with we detected nothing wrong or the name isn't against TOS or the racist comments aren't against TOS, etc. It is all stuff that would have been kicked and banned on clan run servers.

And I think I am done with the game. In the end I would give it a score of 5 out of 10 and have no regrets I didn't buy it.

I never found a map I like. They just aren't great layouts and starting points are huge. You also since they are EA run servers have no active admins so you regularly have people sniping from or into the starting points. People camped out just waiting for the game to end. Vehicles which just sit and never move being used as sniper tanks sometimes never leaving the starting zone.

Damage model seems really weak, but this has always been a problem with BF except on customized servers. Rocket to the chest and you might lose half your health. LMG to the face and it will only randomly count as a headshot.

And I think I am done with the game. In the end I would give it a score of 5 out of 10 and have no regrets I didn't buy it.

I never found a map I like. They just aren't great layouts and starting points are huge. You also since they are EA run servers have no active admins so you regularly have people sniping from or into the starting points. People camped out just waiting for the game to end. Vehicles which just sit and never move being used as sniper tanks sometimes never leaving the starting zone.

Damage model seems really weak, but this has always been a problem with BF except on customized servers. Rocket to the chest and you might lose half your health. LMG to the face and it will only randomly count as a headshot.
Portal is filled with custom servers WITH admins patrolling them and there a ton of old maps to play on. Hardcore, etc.

Plus - XP is gained on the custom servers too.

Portal is filled with custom servers WITH admins patrolling them and there a ton of old maps to play on. Hardcore, etc.

Plus - XP is gained on the custom servers too.

I used to check Portal but rarely found much beyond conquest and even then most servers were empty with low pings. Never saw any of the type of custom servers I would play on BF4 like 3 gun only, pistol only, sniper only, etc. Maybe they were gone before I started playing through Gamepass which was only February or not possible in Portal.

I tried some of the older maps, but they always seemed to be locked to the older guns also. Again not sure if this is another portal limitation or just the admin preference. I saw one domination server once and one gun mode server once and never again.

Msi Afterburner starts working after game update : ). Finally i can measure my 14900K temps in game.
How can I know the frame rate though? Overlay from Nvidia doesn't work. So afterburner overlay works for you? It didn't for me when I played Sunday I'll need to check again.

Reactions: hu76
like this
Been going on some pretty good kill streaks in the attack chopper. Been playing the past 2 weeks and enjoy the game finally after a long while.

Question , when flying in helis or jets is there any indication of direction of the location of where the lock-ons missiles are coming from like in bf4?

Because in this game it is much harder to spot infantry since the maps are larger and field of view is wider so infantry look like tiny ants can barely see them so when I'm getting locked on I have no idea where the lock ons are coming from, any help on this? I have 80k kills in the bf4 chopper and want to get back into flying attack choppers in 2042 but I need to manage the lock ons. Am I missing something in the helis HUD? Or any indication anywhere in game? Or do you just flair and escape with no way to pin point the lock on and where or which direction it is coming from?

How can I know the frame rate though? Overlay from Nvidia doesn't work. So afterburner overlay works for you? It didn't for me when I played Sunday I'll need to check again.
Buy through steam? Activate the in game fps counter. If not, add it as a non steam game to activate it.

Let's go further. If you've got multiple screens, throw the OSD in the second task bar.
Single big screen. And GeForce experience and afterburner both refuse to work on 2042 when they work in every other game. Although GeForce overlay is terrible and causes big lag and stutter all the time so I don't even use it. This is on a high end system also.

It's through EA launcher. I'll try to see about adding it to my steam list? Never done that I don't think?
Super easy.

Open Steam
Click the Games tab
Select Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library
Select Browse to find the game
Select the game and open its executable file
Click Add Selected Prog
Done

Is the game bar the same as Nvidia GeForce experience overlay? Or is it something different?
View attachment Open-Performance-Overlay-window-in-Game-Bar-on-Windows-10.webp
It's windows built in overlay.

If you don't want to use another program, you could just use the built in fps counter in BF, it's what I use in all of them.
Tap ` then type this perfoverlay.drawfps 1 then click enter.

If you want it bigger just go back in and type ` again and then type perfoverlay.fpsdisplayscale 4 or 5 depending if you are playing at 4K and then type enter.

I Remember now that the fps overlay in 2042 is different than the previous BF's and doesn't show the fps correctly. Doesn't the EA app have a FPS overlay for it too like Steam?

Last edited:
View attachment 653981
It's windows built in overlay.

If you don't want to use another program, you could just use the built in fps counter in BF, it's what I use in all of them.
Tap ` then type this perfoverlay.drawfps 1 then click enter.

If you want it bigger just go back in and type ` again and then type perfoverlay.fpsdisplayscale 4 or 5 depending if you are playing at 4K and then type enter.

I Remember now that the fps overlay in 2042 is different than the previous BF's and doesn't show the fps correctly. Doesn't the EA app have a FPS overlay for it too like Steam?
I used to use that all the time in bf4, haven't heard of it in bf2042.

Damn during shader compression just before lvl is loaded my 14900K spikes for a second to 100C lol : ) But in game is 70-80C
This is the most CPU intensive game i have ever seen. It can use 16 or more cores easily simultaneously. If you want an easy fix set your temp limit to 80C or alternatively you can set the PL1 & PL2 limits of boost to 253W and that should solve those types of temp spikes.

Reactions: hu76
like this
This is the most CPU intensive game i have ever seen. It can use 16 or more cores easily simultaneously. If you want an easy fix set your temp limit to 80C or alternatively you can set the PL1 & PL2 limits of boost to 253W and that should solve those types of temp spikes.
dont get him changing settings again, he just got it working...

Not sure if a new thread is worthy yet - but the new Battlefield is being talked about already by EA.

Apparently the largest battlefield dev team to date.

Not sure if a new thread is worthy yet - but the new Battlefield is being talked about already by EA.

Apparently the largest battlefield dev team to date.
It's BF4 Remastered, with all the BF4 and bf3 maps in there. Also will have dedicated servers again. I wish :p.

It's BF4 Remastered, with all the BF4 and bf3 maps in there. Also will have dedicated servers again. I wish :p.
The only good thing about the dedicated servers were that you could play a dedicated map or map pack for example second assault or naval strike.
On the flip side there were horrible disadvantages to having dedicated servers. If you're okay with a 14 year old being the admin for the server and just banning everyone who is better than them because it is theirs and they pay for it then that's fine for you I guess. The problem is sometimes people like to play certain servers that were rented by kids or stubborn old a****** admins which is usually the case either very young childish kids or very old stubborn assholes only because it had a certain map or maps that they like to play often and if those maps and servers grew in popularity it would get traffic skewing the casual and competitive nature of the game.
Having crooked admins anywhere is detrimental to any server or website over the course of 30 years of me being involved in gaming online and web servers like forums I'll tell you first hand whoever is admitting the server or website is a reflection of the people in it once you find out if you don't know then all of this is just lying over your head.

The only good thing about the dedicated servers were that you could play a dedicated map or map pack for example second assault or naval strike.
No, it wasn't. You kept the same people between rounds, could vote for maps, have custom weapons rules, altered game rules/settings, and other mods. Plus real admins on good servers. You also could form a community as you'd see the same people between days and months of playing.

No, it wasn't. You kept the same people between rounds, could vote for maps, have custom weapons rules, altered game rules/settings, and other mods. Plus real admins on good servers. You also could form a community as you'd see the same people between days and months of playing.
Keeping the same people between rounds is terrible for keeping balance and the integrity of matchmaking in your region.
Voting for maps is terrible for the same reasons map rotation is supposed to be random so it is an even playing field of games players and maps as a whole.
Custom weapon rules break the game. That's ridiculous. Further destroying any balance integrity of the game in favor of whatever custom nonsense someone feels like. Silly.
Altered game rules settings and mods are a joke and gimmicky. No one takes those modes seriously. There are standard game modes that are balanced for a reason. Anything else is just a bunch of wild random changes.

Server browser destroyed Battlefield 4. If it had a normal map rotation it would have lasted longer. The internal drama of players turning admin was the biggest joke and a mess. It's like having you as a dictator and you make up all the rules and ban whoever is better than you. Communities in BF4 were some of the most toxic communities in gaming. There was so much hatred for good players from shitty admins that would ban you because you and your team was so much better it was intolerable to them.

My clan had multiple leaderboard leaders in the top 10 and top 50 of kills in vehicles top 1% of the players base. Just because we were good in organized gameplay "server admins" would ban us and accuse us of cheating simply because we were better than the overwhelming majority. It was bullshit and all because EA let normal dumbass players buy/rent servers and "admin" them not having a normal server map rotation like it should have controlled by EA and it's admins not cringe children and old men seeking power and revenge for being bad at the game and punishing better players like jealous bitches.

Keeping the same people between rounds is terrible for keeping balance and the integrity of matchmaking in your region.
Voting for maps is terrible for the same reasons map rotation is supposed to be random so it is an even playing field of games players and maps as a whole.
Custom weapon rules break the game. That's ridiculous. Further destroying any balance integrity of the game in favor of whatever custom nonsense someone feels like. Silly.
Altered game rules settings and mods are a joke and gimmicky. No one takes those modes seriously. There are standard game modes that are balanced for a reason. Anything else is just a bunch of wild random changes.

No. All the multiplayer games I've played without sever browsers were just as, if not more, toxic. Custom weapon rules were logical if there were any. Take MW3, where there is a 6 shot grenade launcher which is unbalanced and annoying. You just have to deal with it because the developers won't remove it from the game. Vehicle spawn rates in BF titles post BF4 were atrocious, so you ended up waiting for a vehicle to spawn and seeing people fight over it. People who want to be a gunner but get stuck as a driver will drive their tank into a river and whatnot to get back and the person who got into the gunner position first. The standard rules in most BF games are quite terrible.

Server browser destroyed Battlefield 4. If it had a normal map rotation it would have lasted longer.

Game was very populated for a very long time. It is a good example of what server browsers can accomplish. Match making games tend to die earlier. Look at the recent BF titles; they're almost dead in comparison. I can still find multiple BF4 servers and get into a game quicker than I can with the subsequent titles. And that is after BF Hardline, BF1, BF5 an BF2042. It still has as small, but active community a decade later and multiple sequels.

Communities in BF4 were some of the most toxic communities in gaming. There was so much hatred for good players from shitty admins that would ban you because you and your team was so much better it was intolerable to them.

Same thing happens with match making games. Typically it is team killing, team blocking, vote kicking, etc. It depends on the game demographics more than anything. The more "e-sports" a game, the more toxic it gets. Which means match making games.

Depended on the server. Some servers ran balancing tools.

Server browser destroyed Battlefield 4. If it had a normal map rotation it would have lasted longer. The internal drama of players turning admin was the biggest joke and a mess. It's like having you as a dictator and you make up all the rules and ban whoever is better than you. Communities in BF4 were some of the most toxic communities in gaming. There was so much hatred for good players from shitty admins that would ban you because you and your team was so much better it was intolerable to them.

My clan had multiple leaderboard leaders in the top 10 and top 50 of kills in vehicles top 1% of the players base. Just because we were good in organized gameplay "server admins" would ban us and accuse us of cheating simply because we were better than the overwhelming majority. It was bullshit and all because EA let normal dumbass players buy/rent servers and "admin" them not having a normal server map rotation like it should have controlled by EA and it's admins not cringe children and old men seeking power and revenge for being bad at the game and punishing better players like jealous bitches.

Your first sentence points to playing console when you mention matchmaking. The whole point of the server browser is you don't want to use matchmaking. Matchmaking was introduced to make it easier for console players to hop in. Never understood the draw of it unless you play competitively.

How did a server browser that was in every game up to BF4 ruin BF4? You can still play today so not sure how it destroyed BF4.

Why didn't you rent your own servers then for your clan? Most clans would ban you since most clan servers had rules about having clans take over their servers. They usually had rules that you had to split up.

Back