For Anyone Doubting Ray Tracings Importance [Fortnite and Latest NVIDIA 552.44 Driver]

This is so great that....I WANNA DIP MY BALLS IN IT!!!

Really though, MTV The State aside, nice effects!

Just told my wife she's gotta work overtime on mothers day because I failed to understand the importance of ray tracing and I need her to buy me a new gpu.

Does it look better (or run faster?) than the previous Lumen raytracing, was it not raytraced for a quite long time now fornite ? Or I am missing something....

Such a popular you think a quick google would tell you all that quickly, but cannot find anything, maybe it is because of the multiplayer nature that the benchmarker does not have it installed and tested or something.

Last edited:
Does it look better (or run faster?) than the previous Lumen raytracing, was it no raytraced for a quite long time now fornite ? Or I am missing something....

Such a popular you think a quick google would tell you all that quickly, but cannot find anything, maybe it is because of the multiplayer nature that the benchmarker does not have it installed and tested or something.

I have to admit - thought it was new…my settings were different prior to the update but when I played on another PC (even after the update) - it wasn’t the same. Figured out it was a setting for Lumen. Somehow my settings changed after the driver update on one versus the other (rig that worked was a 4080S swap and the rig that didn’t work was running a 7900 XTX prior to a DDU run. Strange.

Does it look better (or run faster?) than the previous Lumen raytracing, was it no raytraced for a quite long time now fornite ? Or I am missing something....

Raytracing is always slower. You'd think that dedicated RT hardware would make Software RT faster, but its ALWAYS slower. it's more accurate! it's more powerful! but its always slower.

its computational cost is too high for my taste.
Looks like you are not part of the 2.6% (that games with a 4090?)

https://x.com/3DCenter_org/status/1792435335101616223

GN_7qALbwAARmkh.png

Back