God of War Ragnarök (Confirmed)

Will probably come around November, which would be two years after the Playstation release which seems to be the standard.

I am more interested in Last of Us 2 and hope that comes first, especially seeing how it is an older game. God of War was... decent, but the least interesting Sony port I played. I preferred Days Gone and even Ratchet & Clank over it.

Me still waiting for Bloodborne and Demon's Souls:

1715373247805.png

I still haven't played the first God of War PC port...bought it on sale awhile back but haven't gotten around to it yet...guess I can now play it back-to-back with Ragnarok...I need to only buy games when I'm ready to play it

I still haven't played the first God of War PC port...bought it on sale awhile back but haven't gotten around to it yet...guess I can now play it back-to-back with Ragnarok...I need to only buy games when I'm ready to play it
You should, the game is awesome in my humble opinion.

You guys who haven’t played the first game are missing out. My first time was on the PC, and although initially I thought Zero Dawn and Days Gone were much better I eventually warmed up to God of War and became slightly addicted to the combat.

looks like the leaks were right in terms of the PS ports coming to PC in 2024...

"According to the latest leak, these are the PlayStation ports coming to PC in 2024: The Last of Us Part 2, God of War Ragnarok, Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo 7, and Ghost of Tsushima...the rumor claims that Demon’s Souls and Ghost of Tsushima have taken so long due to their respective development teams' inexperience with making PC ports"

https://hardforum.com/threads/official-ps5-thread.2001580/page-48#post-1045821891

A PlayStation Network (PSN) account will be required to play the newly-announced PC version of God of War Ragnarök

The PC version of Ghost of Tsushima only required a PSN account for online multiplayer...God of War Ragnarök is a single-player game only...the restriction theoretically means the game will not be available to buy in any of the more than 170 countries where Steam is available but the PlayStation Network isn’t...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...psn-account-despite-being-single-player-only/

A PlayStation Network (PSN) account will be required to play the newly-announced PC version of God of War Ragnarök

The PC version of Ghost of Tsushima only required a PSN account for online multiplayer...God of War Ragnarök is a single-player game only...the restriction theoretically means the game will not be available to buy in any of the more than 170 countries where Steam is available but the PlayStation Network isn’t...

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...psn-account-despite-being-single-player-only/

Won't stop me from buying it, but this requirement is fucking stupid. You would think that Sony would have learnt something from the Helldivers 2 debacle...such an own goal.

Won't stop me from buying it, but this requirement is fucking stupid. You would think that Sony would have learnt something from the Helldivers 2 debacle...such an own goal.

this PSN account ruckus is overshadowing all their recent PC releases...it's not a big deal to me...I have no issues signing into it...it's the same as using Steam with a Ubisoft launcher added on top

Sony becoming very anti-conusmer recently. Jim Ryan leaving and Sony starts losing their way.

Jim Ryan was at the forefront of their anti-consumer moves. You really think all of this wasn't in the works before he left? Nothing moves fast in large corporations. Everything we're seeing is from under his leadership.

No one on reddit or here even mentioning the game having FSR 3.1, guess we'll be seeing it in action soon.

It's not 170 countries. It's 170 countries, territories, and principalities.
The regions Sony doesn't sell in only account for around 5% of potential sales. It's not as big a deal as the internet makes it out to be.

Personally if it requires a link to PSN to just play the SP game I will pass at release. It also means no chance it will show up on GoG. I have a PSN account and I don't want to link with my steam account. I like all my stuff separate and DRM free as much as possible. I don't care what features linking a PSN account has, I don't want anything to do with it. I have never cared for achievements or trophies or crossplay and multiplayer, though there have been times I wished I could bring over my save game, even if that was a part I wouldn't want to link the accounts together. Last thing I want is to give Sony another foot in the door for PSN to be the next Rockstar Social Club on the PC. I don't mind if PSN is required to do stupid things like Trophies/achievement sharing, save game sharing, or crossplay/multiplayer as an option, but for a SP only games to require it I refuse.

Personally if it requires a link to PSN to just play the SP game I will pass at release. It also means no chance it will show up on GoG. I have a PSN account and I don't want to link with my steam account. I like all my stuff separate and DRM free as much as possible. I don't care what features linking a PSN account has, I don't want anything to do with it. I have never cared for achievements or trophies or crossplay and multiplayer, though there have been times I wished I could bring over my save game, even if that was a part I wouldn't want to link the accounts together. Last thing I want is to give Sony another foot in the door for PSN to be the next Rockstar Social Club on the PC. I don't mind if PSN is required to do stupid things like Trophies/achievement sharing, save game sharing, or crossplay/multiplayer as an option, but for a SP only games to require it I refuse.
I linked Steam to my PSN account back in 2011-2012 and have never thought about it since.

I'm pretty sure I did when Portal 2 came out cuz the PS3 version came with a Steam copy for free. I got it so I could play it co-op with my kid on PS3 and me on PC.

The regions Sony doesn't sell in only account for around 5% of potential sales. It's not as big a deal as the internet makes it out to be.
I don't think those lost sales help, but it is more the anti-DRM and Steam purists who will kick up a stink and boycott games with PSN requirements. I completely understand where they are coming from because I also detest the layers of unnecessary DRM especially when a game is already being sold on Steam, but I have resigned myself to the fact that this is now the reality because people didn't resist these requirements from the outset. The only other option is to pirate the games, which I honestly can't be bothered with in terms of hassle.

Back